Miles or trace percentage?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Had a guy in our center that beat Orion by about 50 miles. First thing out of the sups mouth was something about trace percentage. I thought the whole concept of Orion was to reduce miles driven.

jaker

trolling
It's trace , because ups has something bigger planned with Orion

They say miles but it's obvious now that they don't care about miles and only trace

So give them give trace all 100% of it

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

They say miles but it's obvious now that they don't care about miles and only trace

So give them give trace all 100% of it
What do you think is the plan?

nystripe96

Orion was discussed at my center but ultimately was found to be nonsensical due to the amount of high rise buildings & congestion in the NYC area. Following EDD in NYC is impossible, therefore Orion would simply never work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had a guy in our center that beat Orion by about 50 miles. First thing out of the sups mouth was something about trace percentage. I thought the whole concept of Orion was to reduce miles driven.
I usually follow trace 95% or more. Yet end up way over their miles solution most of the time.

gbpackman29

It has nothing to do with miles. It's all about control.

DriverNerd

I follow trace as close to 100% as I can. More driving, less delivering. I have less stops now but a longer day. Less work and a $10,000 a year raise. I have no complaints.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
What do you think is the plan?

I have a feeling there is more to the story as well. We have a satellite center that has a vacancy right now. Instead of running a package car out of the building to work, the driver covering the route has been using a rental car to get back and forth since July. The driver of course gets paid travel time but still has to wait for the shuttle driver to bring his stuff rather than have it all loaded at our building.

They put another driver up in a hotel for a week so he could run an extended route that normally drives back and forth when the bid driver goes on vacation. Something is up around here with Orion. Maybe @FrigidFTSup can give us an honest assessment of what it is.

optikz

If only Orion would plan for the bulk?
lol. ain't that the truth. the mall route here has like 800-900 pieces a day. I saw on the orion screen that a 140 piece bulk to footlocker has 9 minutes allocated to deliver that stop.....how is that even possible?

ManInBrown

They'll complain about whatever you are off on. You run 99% and are 20 miles over they will say you were padding miles driving around in circles.

You run 62% and you're 3 miles under they will say why are you playing games. Orion is a clown show. Luckily on my bid route it's pretty good. I can run it without driving around in circles for no reason

rod

Retired 22 years
Don't you think its all going to be inter-connected to their robot driven trucks and package delivering drones?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have a feeling there is more to the story as well. We have a satellite center that has a vacancy right now. Instead of running a package car out of the building to work, the driver covering the route has been using a rental car to get back and forth since July. The driver of course gets paid travel time but still has to wait for the shuttle driver to bring his stuff rather than have it all loaded at our building.

They put another driver up in a hotel for a week so he could run an extended route that normally drives back and forth when the bid driver goes on vacation. Something is up around here with Orion. Maybe @FrigidFTSup can give us an honest assessment of what it is.
What did you want an assessment of specifically?

The first with the satellite is all about saving miles on the package car. If it shows up on a report as saving miles, the cheese eaters up the food chain sit there all happy. If they see on Friday it ran 243 miles and Monday 320, they get cranky. Circumstance doesn't matter, they see it as being more miles. I've seen some, lets call it creative, ways to get around this.

The hotel thing though, friend* that.