Military leave question

Rolling Brown Out

i know we have military rights at UPS, but my question is - how long can can we be gone for? Can I go active for 4 years and come back with seniority and top pay rate?

locksmith

Yes you can leave for 4 years and they have to give you your job back, as far as moving up in seniority, no you do not it starts back when you come back, so if your part time and while your gone someone under you moves to driving that's your lost , good luck

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Yes you can leave for 4 years and they have to give you your job back, as far as moving up in seniority, no you do not it starts back when you come back, so if your part time and while your gone someone under you moves to driving that's your lost , good luck
No he will keep his seniority. But if someone with less seniority than him starts driving while he's gone he can't grieve it. I had two guys deployed for a year. When they came back they were at the front of the line seniority wise

oldngray

nowhere special
No he will keep his seniority. But if someone with less seniority than him starts driving while he's gone he can't grieve it. I had two guys deployed for a year. When they came back they were at the front of the line seniority wise

They retain seniority but lose out on any bids they missed, yeah.

Overpaid Union Thug

They retain seniority but lose out on any bids they missed, yeah.
Actually they do have rights to jobs that were open while they were gone. Anytime UPS tests that part of the law they lose as long as the employee returned under the conditions spelled out in the law. Many people are unaware of that right. I had that opportunity but passed it up. It actually worked out better for both the guy I didn't bump and me.