Military options and pay progression.

platinum9898

Hey guys i have a question. I've been looking into the military. If i go out let's say 4 years does my pay progression stay in effect? Like after i do my tour and come back to work will i be at top rate?

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Google USERRA Act. The employer must give you all raises and promotions and seniority you would have gained if you had not gone away for military service. I don't know why some of you want to penalize a person for doing his duty for his country. It is a very small percentage of Americans who have ever served.

J

jibbs

I don't know why some of you want to penalize a person for doing his duty for his country.

I've always thought it funny that enlisting is considered doing your duty for the country. Enlistment isn't mandatory. No body in this country has a duty to their country until they enlist. The slogan's basically "Come to America! Other people will pay for you!"

I'm actually pro-military and wish I would've joined myself before I :censored2:ed my eligibility over with my particular legal history. Just something I always found funny, is all.

J

jibbs

Defending the country and the Constitution is every citizens duty.

I disagree. You would think it would be implied but, in practice, I'd argue an American citizen's only duties are to pay taxes, participate in jury duty when called upon, and follow federal, state, local and municipal laws throughout the nation.

Anything other than that is extraneous for the average citizen and not the duty of every single American in this country. I really do wish every citizen were required to enlist at one point or another in their early Adulthood, but that's just not the case.

aiian

Doesn't he have to already be in the .mil to keep his job? IE he's in the reserves or NG and is deployed some where for 18 months.

I didn't think you could leave for the service then come back like nothing happened.

aiian

OP, do yourself a favor if you do enlist.... join the AF or the Navy.

The quality of life is far better than the others.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Doesn't he have to already be in the .mil to keep his job? IE he's in the reserves or NG and is deployed some where for 18 months.

I didn't think you could leave for the service then come back like nothing happened.
You can in my local. A PTer who's a few months ahead of me in seniority....left ups 5 years ago when he enlisted in the Navy. He came back about a year ago....got all his pay raises and keep his seniority...just like he was here the whole time.

oldngray

nowhere special

You can join the NG after being hired at UPS and you would still have the same rights to keep your job at UPS if you get deployed.

Overpaid Union Thug

You can enlist for active duty or the guard/reserves and request to have your job held up to 5 years. That's what I did. Actually, there are more than a few in my center who have.

Sent using BrownCafe App

aiian

If you're smart you'd get hired at UPS straight out of HS, enlist then come home with 4 yrs. of seniority.

Not to many kids grow up dreaming of being a UPSer though.