Military spouse transfer

Has anyone attempted or know of someone that has successfully transferred to another ups facility as a part time employee as a military spouse? I know, union-wise, we can do so via educational transfer. I understand through HR you have to be a part time supervisor to do the military spouse transfer.

trickpony1

claychick-

HR will tell you anything they think you are stupid enough to believe.

Corollary: if they don't know the answer they will make one up that benefits them.

I would think your spouse's unit Commander could call HR or the District Labor Relations manager and "....develop a relationship...." that might benefit your situation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

claychick-

HR will tell you anything they think you are stupid enough to believe.

Corollary: if they don't know the answer they will make one up that benefits them.

I would think your spouse's unit Commander could call HR or the District Labor Relations manager and "....develop a relationship...." that might benefit your situation.

...for a PT employee...?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They will normally try to find the spouse work on base but do not normally extend this courtesy off base, especially for a PT employee.

My ex is an RN and the Air Force helped us secure employment for her at a local hospital.

trickpony1

You missed the point completely but that's ok.

The proverbial "You're getting the cart before the horse" scenario.

Your post #15 suggests the military has stroke that could help the OP get the transfer?