Military

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Its not a mistake, its the Im God Attitude that some managers have.

That manager should have been a come to Jesus meeting for trying to screw that soldier. I had managers that were Marine vets and they always did the right thing for fellow vets.

feeder53

ADKtrails
We have a couple in our hub that are here in the building and they seem to take it well. I get calls on this about 1 every month. It is difficult to see some make out well and some do not. Smaller Private employers take their toll. I ahve made calls to employers and have had employers call me on this and I do my best. I also invite the employer to this post and take him on a tour of all we do and try to get him a flight. This is part of an ARNG program for the employers. UPS is my second job, this is my first. I will fill in for anyone at UPS for Military time and not take seniority if that is what it takes. The families go through enough without employment issues to face. I salute all that serve.

GoBrown???

you can only return to your original building and keep all of your senority and get all the raises. if you wish to go to a different hub you will have to resign and then re apply and start at square one again. you best bet is to stay with earth city b/c you may be close to getting a full time position there.

the conflict isn't just with UPS but with the Union as well as you would most certainly be changing locals

FromBluetoBrown

I know of a guy in a hub down in Georgia that was deployed and when he came back his center manager refused to make him a full-time driver. One was hired while he was deployed and based on seniority he was entitled to the job. The center manager quickly changed his mind once a lawyer that specializes in these cases showed up at UPS one morning. He was given the job and UPS sent him a letter apologizing for the mistake.

And I bet management messed with him every step of the way after he started driving too