Military

oldngray

nowhere special
This shows how much Obama really respects the military

xobama-cup.jpg.pagespeed.ic.U0XcpjQFz5.jpg

A NEW LOW – Obama’s Salute to Marines – Most Degrading Salute Ever to Men in Uniform

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...most-degrading-salute-ever-to-men-in-uniform/

oldngray

nowhere special
Not the first time this has come up.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/42045_Fake_Outrage_of_the_Day-_Obama_Fails_to_Salute_Marine!
This right wing fake outrage has come up before, of course, and it doesn’t smell any better this time around. There is no “tradition” of Presidents saluting military members, and in fact it used to be considered against military protocol — until Ronnie Reagan decided to play soldier.

Are you being willingly blind? A President isn't required to salute but if they do so then a salute is a symbol of respect. NEVER done with a cup of coffee in the same hand. Which does demonstrate Obama's total disrespect for the military.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not the first time this has come up.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/42045_Fake_Outrage_of_the_Day-_Obama_Fails_to_Salute_Marine!
This right wing fake outrage has come up before, of course, and it doesn’t smell any better this time around. There is no “tradition” of Presidents saluting military members, and in fact it used to be considered against military protocol — until Ronnie Reagan decided to play soldier.
How about when a FLOTUS mouths "All this for a flag?"

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Are you being willingly blind? A President isn't required to salute but if they do so then a salute is a symbol of respect. NEVER done with a cup of coffee in the same hand. Which does demonstrate Obama's total disrespect for the military.
OMG, The president returns a salute, and had a coffee cup in his hand at the time, at noon on the day after he committed our men to combat, and is going to speak at the UN with every other world leader. He probably slept to 10 AM (isn't that a rumor?) instead of being up all night .

Decorum has it's place, but to be a robot to it is ridiculous. Find another outrage, really.

Good thing he wasn't in leg braces.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Nothing wrong with that picture. Not a bit like Obama. Do you even understand anything about saluting?
Lets be clear on this..
I called a retired veteran a 30yr navy capt. if the President is subject to the UCMJ, since, although he is the CinC, he is not a member of the military. This was his response:

The POTUS is a civilian and is NOT repeat NOT subject to the UCMJ. And any former military member should know that.

The president is NOT obligated to salute anybody. Presidents often return the salutes of military personnel out of respect and courtesy, but there is no law or regulation requiring them to do so. It is a violation of military protocol for the civilian commander-in-chief to return the salute of any uniformed member of the armed services.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
That’s like reading a book by Barney Frank for advice on how to meet women.

Via Daily Caller:

If you’re concerned that President Barack Obama’s strategy to fight the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria might not be rock solid, rest assured: his top general reads Rachel Maddow for insight into military affairs.

Back in 2012, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey took to his official Facebook page to alert his followers that he had read the liberal MSNBC host’s latest tome and, what’s more, it really made him think.

“I saw from your comments on my post for ‘Swerve’ that many of you were reading Rachel Maddow’s ‘Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power,’” Dempsey wrote. “I read this too and it challenged my thinking on an issue that is central to our profession. The use of the military – in any capacity, conflict or otherwise – is always the decision of our civilian leaders.”

“Ms. Maddow pushes the reader to understand the history of the why and how civilian leaders choose the military option. I couldn’t agree more with her point that our military is ‘unrecognizably better’ since 9/11,” he continued

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
and what Obama's didn't show is that he was up all night, deliberating whether or not to put our men and women in harms way, and on the way to a major meeting where all the world's leaders would be in attendance.

Nit picking at best, deliberate obfuscation of facts at worst.