Milwaukee flood 2010

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by bumped, Jul 24, 2010.

1. bumped

bumped Well-Known Member

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Nice job, FedEx! No guts, no glory!!!!

3. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Too bad the water wasn't a couple of more feet deep, maybe he would have floated away. If the IBT would have organized them, then maybe he wouldn't have took that chance. That was a stupid gamble to take in my opinion.

4. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Scott Davis is on the phone right now ordering 10,000 Freightliner tractors. Mack's days at Big Brown are numbered. Amazing footage. That FedEx guy is a true American hero.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Hero was not the adjective I had in mind.

6. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

The guy is my definition of "IDIOT" !

7. Richard Harrow

Better have that replacement sarcasm detector sent Fed Ex Express, buddy. :wink2:

8. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Wait till he tries to stop with the wet brakes.

9. bigbrownhen

bigbrownhen New Member

Just wondering what kind of damage he could do to the motor driving through such high water? There isn't any freight out there worth taking a chance like that.

10. Richard Harrow

Anyone remember or still have the Ford P-1000's in their building? I think it was commonplace for most of them to start with the number "116"? We just got rid of the last of them that we had in our building because their brakes weren't very useful when wet.

One of my personal vehicles is a 43 year old car that has manual brakes so I know what it is not to have responsive braking, but some of these trucks took it to a whole new level. They had great power-steering, a great turning radius, a low step, very quick, fuel efficient, and my favorite was the pull-tab parking brake that is so much easier than a handbrake, yet anytime it rained, it was a day of downshifting just to be safe because the brakes were garbage when there was a decent amount of rain falling.

11. browned out

browned out Active Member

I think it was CEO billionaire Fred Smith at the wheel. Fedex drivers are not pilots, they are admirals and captains. aye aye

12. fxdwg

fxdwg Member

I thought they didn't use trucks, only airplanes.

13. evilleace

evilleace Member

Looks like to much of a chance for cardboard boxes.