Min. - Max changes daily

yonnko

Does anyone elses centers dispatch min/max change daily? That should be a number that stays constant. Twenty stops per hour is just that, whether it is Tuesday or Friday. Any thoughts??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does anyone elses centers dispatch min/max change daily? That should be a number that stays constant. Twenty stops per hour is just that, whether it is Tuesday or Friday. Any thoughts??

My min/max changes daily as does the min/max for every driver in my center. My normal min/max will be 113/127 but will vary from 100/120 up to 130/150, depending on any add/cuts that affect my area. You have a valid point as this number should remain constant but we all know that's not gonna happen; in fact, I see this number slowly rising as the economy worsens and the layoffs increase.

Loco170Brownie

Isn't that one of the perks of the EDD system? That way if you have a couple good days they can adjust your dispatch to give you more work.

Be a hero today better be ready to be a super hero tomorrow

Overpaid Union Thug

The min/max can change depending on the areas that are on the route. A bid route's numbers should rarely change. If at all. The min/max changes for unassigned routes because they have different areas on the truck daily. So, that's how it is supposed to work but we all know that once the those division managers send word down the chain to cut routes the dispatchers can change those min/max numbers with the stroke of a key and click of a mouse.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I was always an 80 to 95 stop route. Suddenly last week I was 117, 115, 110. Told supe Monday I'm filing a grievance. I don't care what the economy is, I don't want to work till 7:45. Surprise, Friday 94 stops. Gotta let them know you are there once in a while.

Overpaid Union Thug

I was always an 80 to 95 stop route. Suddenly last week I was 117, 115, 110. Told supe Monday I'm filing a grievance. I don't care what the economy is, I don't want to work till 7:45. Surprise, Friday 94 stops. Gotta let them know you are there once in a while.

Some of us in my center are trying to get everyone to walk each stop, drive the speed limit, take every minute of their lunches, and all the other stuff that is supposed to be done anyway so that the over 9.5s go up. That usually brings the stops back down but right now centers everywhere are cutting routes because of the economy but in many areas (such as mine) there is no recession but management is cutting routes more than normal for this time of year. The bonus babies are just making easier for them to justify this move because they can load them up with 10 hours of work because they know that it'll be done in 8.5 or 9 hours.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Some of us in my center are trying to get everyone to walk each stop, drive the speed limit, take every minute of their lunches, and all the other stuff that is supposed to be done anyway so that the over 9.5s go up. That usually brings the stops back down but right now centers everywhere are cutting routes because of the economy but in many areas (such as mine) there is no recession but management is cutting routes more than normal for this time of year. The bonus babies are just making easier for them to justify this move because they can load them up with 10 hours of work because they know that it'll be done in 8.5 or 9 hours.

Such a great idea but the ""bonus babies" "runners gunners" The people with the "temp mantality" will say they would do that but then the fear of gestapo questioning next day would cause them to not follow through with promise:whiteflag:

Overpaid Union Thug

Such a great idea but the ""bonus babies" "runners gunners" The people with the "temp mantality" will say they would do that but then the fear of gestapo questioning next day would cause them to not follow through with promise:whiteflag:

That or the fact that they simply don't care. It's all about them. They want off early and want that bonus. Screw everyone else right? They make it so easy for management.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If it fits its called the max, the stop total doesnt count. If there is room for a fart, you are at min. Daily.

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
The min/max can change depending on the areas that are on the route. A bid route's numbers should rarely change. If at all. The min/max changes for unassigned routes because they have different areas on the truck daily. So, that's how it is supposed to work but we all know that once the those division managers send word down the chain to cut routes the dispatchers can change those min/max numbers with the stroke of a key and click of a mouse.

I'm on a bid route, Monday-140 Wednesday- 130
Friday- 163 Same area, maybe 5 extra miles.
Although I have a gunner on it now as I'm still out. I'll fix that when I get back.

They can change the numbers all they want-it doesn't mean it's going to get done any faster.

That's how I feel also