Minimal Acceptable

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Bingo!

If someone covers my route and runs it at 110%, big deal! I don't care. I work at my pace, not someone else's. My managers have never come up to me after me coming back from vacation, to complain that person x had higher numbers than I did when I was away.

If someone could consistently outperform me on my route, I'd be embarrassed. In fact, MFE once posted that he threatens swings when he goes on vacation that they'd better not make him look bad.

5yearsleft

Typically swings outperform because they do things they shouldn't. Driving to stops on their break, writing down the info & putting it into powerpad after their break, speeding, driving with the bulkhead door open, etc. This has been brought up to management, but a manager never wants to checkride the swing driver.

dezguy

If someone could consistently outperform me on my route, I'd be embarrassed. In fact, MFE once posted that he threatens swings when he goes on vacation that they'd better not make him look bad.
It's not a contest to me, it's a job. I punch in, I punch out. I don't care what other people do, I care about going home to my family.

59 Dano

Typically swings outperform because they do things they shouldn't. Driving to stops on their break, writing down the info & putting it into powerpad after their break, speeding, driving with the bulkhead door open, etc. This has been brought up to management, but a manager never wants to checkride the swing driver.

Two words: gap report. Nearly every courier who routinely gets smoked by a swing always offers up the same excuses that you've listed. They really are convinced that there is no one that can perform better than they can.

I've seen plenty of swings who had check rides. Around here, management wants to ride with those who are killing the routes of others. In some cases the manager will print both gap reports and call the regular courier into his office. He'll show him both gap reports and ask him to explain the difference. It can lead to some awkward silence, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

59 Dano

It's not a contest to me, it's a job. I punch in, I punch out. I don't care what other people do, I care about going home to my family.

I'm not competing with anyone either. Not usually, anyway.

If I have a route that I run every day, I should be the expert at that route. I should know more about it than anyone else. I should know what works, what doesn't, and why. There is no good reason why someone who only runs it in my absence should consistently outperform me on my route. None.

dezguy

I'm not competing with anyone either. Not usually, anyway.

If I have a route that I run every day, I should be the expert at that route. I should know more about it than anyone else. I should know what works, what doesn't, and why. There is no good reason why someone who only runs it in my absence should consistently outperform me on my route. None.
Sure there is. I know and have known plenty of hero's who just want to make people look bad. They get off on trying to get people in trouble so they'll speed, drive down alleys (against bp), work through break, ect. I don't and will not do any of the above or other methods of increasing route numbers.

As I have said before, I work at my pace and have yet to have a manager question me about it, regardless of what hero's do the weeks I'm off.

Code43

Our swing drivers are cheaters. Documented cheaters at that. They're either running, driving between towns on break, or speeding.

One swing is taking pictures of address labels with his smart phone, Delivering the packages while on break, and then scanning the pictures with the powerpad after coming off break. Pretty clever.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'm sticking it here.

Instructions by management this morning were that if we weren't sure if a business was closed or not to leave the packages behind.

Apparently, as far as management is concerned, The Purple Promise doesn't apply today.

Yeah. I ignored it and took all my businesses out. If I bring back a business code 8, what are they gonna do, write me up? Lol.

Anyone else get those instructions?

hypo hanna

I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I'm sticking it here.

Instructions by management this morning were that if we weren't sure if a business was closed or not to leave the packages behind.

Apparently, as far as management is concerned, The Purple Promise doesn't apply today.

Yeah. I ignored it and took all my businesses out. If I bring back a business code 8, what are they gonna do, write me up? Lol.

Anyone else get those instructions?
After 40+ years fedex mgmt still can't figure out how to plan for a holiday. Seems to catch them by surprise every time.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

True, but that only applies to the superstar who works through their lunch to falsely inflate the numbers.

Otherwise, I could care less.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was outside working and of the Express guys stopped by. He told me they had 7 out of 21 call in sick. He was not a happy camper.

I have a close friend who is a 30 year dispatcher. His station routinely runs with 25% sick calls as of late. Add- in the fact that they are already understaffed with incompetent new hires and good times ensue.

Many missed pickups and terrible service. Oh, and lots of people working for a few weeks and quitting.

Great company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
After 40+ years fedex mgmt still can't figure out how to plan for a holiday. Seems to catch them by surprise every time.

Saving a few pennies will always trump decent planning. Ironically, being cheap usually ends up costing them more.

The retarded leaders of this company need to be purged.

Nolimitz

I added clsd notes to e-notes for everything I could. DRA fubar it and did not add clsd'ed stickers. what a cluster. Brought back 20+ % of what I took out.

whenIgetthere

I added clsd notes to e-notes for everything I could. DRA fubar it and did not add clsd'ed stickers. what a cluster. Brought back 20+ % of what I took out.

Last couple of years we were instructed to DEX17 anything that was closed and had a sign saying so, or posted hours. Today, we were told to not DEX17 anything, it's falsification. We know it's falsification. but someone must have caught wind of their inflated (or deflated) DEX08's on holidays.