"MINIMIZE YOUR # OF BACKS.."

ChrisTheBrown

Worry about your self and not what your centers #s are !!
Jesus Christ you new guys are brain washed on the company tea !!!
I'm not brain washed, & I really don't care what they say..I report back every night without an accident or injury, & to me, that's all that matters.

I guess lately, the # of backs in my center has went up a bit. How many times a day do they want you backing, on average? Last I heard, it's 27 here. Couple days ago we had a few guys with 50+ backs. I'm guessing that a few of these temp guys (that often times may not know where they're going) are also racking up a lot of backs.

"To me, the R doesn't stand for reverse, it stands for RISK."
Cute quote, from this morning.
If its raining I back more. If it's cold I back more. If it's real hot I back more. I'm very good at backing as I've been doing it around 20 years. I can't wait to go in Monday and back two miles.

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
It's only a
Problem for those that give a :censored2:.

It's simple they always tell me I'm a professional driver. Well then in my professional opinion I needed go back however many times that little sheet says I backed.
good stuff brother! I,m gonna have to use that if I may.you havnt copy written that have you?

InRythmWithTime

I've gone big, now I'm going home
I had a discussion with my center manager about his backing goal chart. I suggested that it may be better to not tell a driver how many backs he is "allowed" because when you do he may back right up to that number rather than only backing when needed.
what the response??? IM guessing they may have said "that's a good idea" and maybe a lil upset at the fact that they were tooo busy at the time to come up with that idea ,(and probly a lil embarrassed), I don't resent mngmt, I am very sympathetic. they have to run this corps with hands tied. poor :censored2:ers!

DOK

At one point when this was a hot issue they gave us little cards we were supposed to mark every time we backed so we could keep track of how many times we backed throughout the day, I always threw mine right in the trash. If I really want to know how many times I backed I'll just ask you, right?
When it was a hot issue? People getting pulled in the office daily here regarding backing.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Wow, takes balls and skill.
Be more impressive if it was really a set of doubles, but still I wouldn't want to do it especially on that road. The dolly was extra long as well, you could never do that with a UPS set.

Holydriver

That is a terrible idea.
why is this a horrible idea? his back was obviously necessary or else why would he do it, and he is doing it under the radar keeping management of his ass. i dont see the problem. its not like we go out and just back up all willy nilly like for no reason at all

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
why is this a horrible idea? his back was obviously necessary or else why would he do it, and he is doing it under the radar keeping management of his ass. i dont see the problem. its not like we go out and just back up all willy nilly like for no reason at all
In most states it's against the law to coast in neutral, so you're breaking the law just to hide a meaningless number from your management team. In addition you're misleading your management team about how many times a day you need to back which is just going to make the problem worse.