Minimum Wage

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My first 2 jobs were in food service, so I 100% disagree with your statement, and it's not that I don't respect them, but I don't feel they deserve $15 an hour to do what they do, it's kiddie work. I know, I did it for years, never making more than $8 an hour.

If McDonald's, or Subway's want to want to pay their staff more, than that's fine. No one should be able to force the employers to pay them more. At this point we're going round and round and round, so I'm done here. My point is clear, so peace out. :p
Pretty odd position to take for a union worker.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
A.) I have no character flaws.
B.) I'm all for the working man. What I'm NOT for is the dictation of higher wages because they feel that they deserve more than they really do, just because they can't raise a family on what they earn.

Don't like what the boss offers you for a wage? DON'T TAKE THE JOB. Don't accept it and later complain that you are unhappy with the pay.
You are saying others deserve little because they have no skills, which isn't true and you know it.

If they couldn't do the job they would get fired, and you know it.

And you are saying you deserve what you get because you have skill and you show up and work hard.

Well, I was licensed to drive big rigs at 18 years of age.

My previous job was a fast food worker at Taco Bell.

Taco Bell was a much tougher job.

And you have so little regard for those working men and women.

And you are a union member.

From a union that fights for all working men and women.

You are part of reason I am no longer a Republican.

wkmac

Pretty odd position to take for a union worker.

It is an odd position in the fact that every 5 years we point a gun at the employer's head but the inside joke is everyone knows that gun is completely fake and serves purely as a theatrical prop! ;)

wkmac

Under Capitalism, Welfare State’s Main Function is Corporate Welfare

I agree with Kevin Carson, without a minimum wage and state interventions on behalf of capital, the entire structure of capitalism as we know it today would be torn out from underneath. Which is a change I would happily welcome!
;)

Have at it Boyz!

Shouldn't this be the first post as the thread title makes little sense. Otherwise change the thread title to just minimum wage and then delete this post and the original from this thread. I got no problem with a mod making changes but I question your thought process in how you arrange it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Shouldn't this be the first post as the thread title makes little sense. Otherwise change the thread title to just minimum wage and then delete this post and the original from this thread. I got no problem with a mod making changes but I question your thought process in how you arrange it.
I merged these posts with an existing thread that Brown Army suggested. When you do that the forum software puts all the posts in chronological order, I'll see if there's some way I can reorder the posts, not sure if I can edit the dates.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The posts are arranged by time stamp - no way to change.
Unless one uses the ModHoax Work Around.

Last edited:

Bren_dan

No one despises the "entitled, welfare-sucking American" more than me, but the answer is not as easy as going out and getting a better job. There aren't great jobs readily available, and there isn't higher education easily attainable. It sucks right now to be a career-seeking adult. Whether you blame the rich and greedy American, or the unmotivated, trashy American, the truth is they're both to blame. And both sides are desperately clinging on to their way of life while the rest of the country gets dragged down by both of them.

I respect the McDonalds employee putting in 40 hours a week. I wouldn't want to do that. I respect any type of hard work.

I think the problem is much larger than any type of wage increase or decrease could fix though.

That's my neutral, solution-less perspective.

oldngray

nowhere special
Of course they are, the government is giving you money, like for your yacht, your 'business meals', and your second home. That's welfare. Would you care to discuss corporate welfare, as well?

The government has no money of its own. It would just be taking less of your money.