MIP factor?

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
It is actually a clever ploy if it is on purpose. If you recall, the MIP elements last year were way off as well, and should not have justified the 70% we got. The announcement as I recall was something about how the results did not reflect the efforts of UPS partners and the board or whoever were adjusting the MIP to reward people. I am sure the same will be said this year. A nice way to try to get us to be grateful to them and divert attention from the fact that if you are making huge profits as a corporation, and your measurements show you are performing just awfully, then probably you are measuring the wrong things. It will also likely divert anyone from looking at what the payout would be if it were done the old way- by splitting 15% of the pre-tax profit. I have don't know, but with the increased profits and decreased management ranks the last several years I would imagine it would be significantly higher under that math.

As an aside, nice job on our corp employee communications side - the anouncement was supposed to post to upsers at 15:00 Eastern it is now past 15:30 eastern and I have been refreshing for 20 minutes, then had to come here to BC to find out what the factor was...

I haven't had to deal with all the "enhancements" that those of you that have been around for years have experienced. But I find it almost embarrassing to have the "Leaders" of our company use such transparent and simplistic psychology. Set a unattainable goal, push people to achieve it, warn of impending failure, offer token generosity. I'm pretty sure they used that back, oh about 8,000 years or so.

BrownTie

I haven't had to deal with all the "enhancements" that those of you that have been around for years have experienced. But I find it almost embarrassing to have the "Leaders" of our company use such transparent and simplistic psychology. Set a unattainable goal, push people to achieve it, warn of impending failure, offer token generosity. I'm pretty sure they used that back, oh about 8,000 years or so.

Well, 8,000 years ago, the goals were more clear. 8,000 years ago, Partners would go the extra mile. 8,000 years ago we shared 15% of total profit. 8,000 years ago, Service Providers wanted to be in management. 8,000 years ago, wait, let me start over. 10 years ago.......