MIP

Dfigtree

You are correct we have losership "Just make the number" soon we will have nothing!

Don't you really believe that UPS management are the best people for the job? After all, they went to SBTS, Peoples Workshops and Anger Management. They put handerkerchiefs on their heads and danced around like consumate professionals at XMAS parties (Phil et al), ignored the policy book when it fit their purposes (KLS), snitched on their peers (all), went into a psychotic, public diatribe (Moranis) over a message left in his voice mail, etc.

According to Tom Arnold of Fox Sports, UPS has the best damn management team in the transportation league. Period. Amen.

Ain't that the truth, now?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What a shame to see mgmnt people dealing with the same thing the working class has been dealing with forever, taking something away for the good of the company.

MIP dates:
Here are some dates* for those that receive the Management Incentive Plan (MIP):
ØSep 1 – MIP will be based on Grade level and salary on this date.
ØOct 12 – Last day for stock transactions to affect the Ownership Incentive (a sell or transfer reduces it; a purchase increases it – up to your monthly salary)
ØOct 15 – Distribution of any applicable RSU's that have vested in 2007; these shares will appear in your Mellon account on 10/26/2007(please note that this occurs after the cut-off for stock transactions that affect the Ownership Incentive, thus the incentive is calculated on a pre-tax basis for these shares)
ØOct 19 – Ownership Incentive calculated for eligible class A shares & RSUs using day’s closing stock price on NYSE as quoted by Bloomberg(eligible class A shares include all shares in your Mellon account within your Family Group with the exception of any shares in a Mellon IRA account)
ØOct 23 – MIP factor announced after the Investor Relations group’s call
ØOct 26 – 2007 MIP award calculated using day’s closing stock price on NYSE as quoted by Bloomberg
ØOct 26 – Vested RSUs less taxes post from Merrill Lynch account to Mellon account
ØOct 15-28 – 2007 MIP election window open
ØNov 9 – MIP earnings posted to payroll
ØNov 21 – Prospectus, New Member Packet, Statements and Eskew letter given to Controllers for distribution
ØDec 7 – MIP distribution for payout of cash and/or 401(k); RSUs posted to Merrill Lynch accounts; UPS class A posted to Mellon accounts and deferred compensation accounts

some of the non-automated dates for your region/district may vary slightly

O

Ouch Here it comes

jehardrock said:
Dec 7– MIP distribution for payout of cash and/or 401(k); RSUs posted to Merrill Lynch accounts; UPS class A posted to Mellon accounts and deferred compensation accounts
Dec 8 Float my resume on Monster.com and Careerbuilder out of frustration with the MIP shrinkage while my Staff Mgr buys a new Lexus

constructively dissatisfi

Sounds like an incentive to make it to staff manager.
Not really. Staff managers who were sitting on a bunch of options at IPO time made a ton of money. Anyone who's become a staff manager since then is sucking wind. When the stock price doesn't go up the options are worthless. When they figured out how to fix this they decided to cut out the grade 18s and 19s and load up the 20s and above with LTIP. They might as well print the options in a roll so you can hang them in the bathroom where they'll be good for something.
:lol:

pretzel_man

Not really. Staff managers who were sitting on a bunch of options at IPO time made a ton of money. Anyone who's become a staff manager since then is sucking wind. When the stock price doesn't go up the options are worthless. When they figured out how to fix this they decided to cut out the grade 18s and 19s and load up the 20s and above with LTIP. They might as well print the options in a roll so you can hang them in the bathroom where they'll be good for something.
:lol:

Yes... I was trying to point out that the 18's are not being overly compensated either.

BTW, LTIP is tracking at Zip this year too, so I don't think the 20's are jumping for joy.

We need to start growing for all the management people to share in the wealth.

Why is FedEx ground growing at 10% and UPS ground flat?

P-Man

constructively dissatisfi

Yes... I was trying to point out that the 18's are not being overly compensated either.

BTW, LTIP is tracking at Zip this year too, so I don't think the 20's are jumping for joy.

We need to start growing for all the management people to share in the wealth.

Why is FedEx ground growing at 10% and UPS ground flat?

P-Man

It's the 20s and up that are making the poor decisions. Or more accurately in most cases NOT making decisions. MBO. Managment by Ostriches. They see a problem and they stick their head in the sand to avoid being the messenger who will get shot. And believe me, it's opens season on messenger shooting at UPS when it comes to pointing out problems.
:gun_banda :helpsmili