MIP

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
if its NOT over 2.0, they better be announcing a match of 401k being restored in the same press release. Sedriously, I am one foot out of the door. I got screwed this last year becasue corporate was not discounting to a point where I could win business. I lost more opportuntities this year than ever before.

i did, however retain ALL my business and the rate increase.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
if its NOT over 2.0, they better be announcing a match of 401k being restored in the same press release. Sedriously, I am one foot out of the door. I got screwed this last year becasue corporate was not discounting to a point where I could win business. I lost more opportuntities this year than ever before.

i did, however retain ALL my business and the rate increase.

The people who make the decisions on MIP probably would like for a lot of management to leave since they see us as nothing more than a cost element. The problem is that a lot of people talk this way but very few leave, so your threat is really an empty threat because they want you to leave.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
The people who make the decisions on MIP probably would like for a lot of management to leave since they see us as nothing more than a cost element. The problem is that a lot of people talk this way but very few leave, so your threat is really an empty threat because they want you to leave.

i disagree. a good salesperson/account manager is worth a lot to this company. everytimes an AM leaves, UPS loses business to the competition. It doesnt help that everyone goes to fedex with their UPS book of business.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
You can disagree all you want but the people at the top just look at everyone as a resource and they are interchangeable - just a cog in the machine. If you leave you will be replaced with a lower cost cog with no pension liability and at a lower rate.
Despite all your rage, you're still just a rat in a cage.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You can disagree all you want but the people at the top just look at everyone as a resource and they are interchangeable - just a cog in the machine. If you leave you will be replaced with a lower cost cog with no pension liability and at a lower rate.
Despite all your rage, you're still just a rat in a cage.

I agree with Jingles.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
damn, i bet you guys are a joy to work with.

This company is now run by Accountants and I work in and around these Corporate Accounting people and this is the way they look at these things.
Until we get some real management people back into the highest level decision making apparatus at UPS, this is the way its going to be. Sorry for the reality check.

sosocal

Just heard today....MIP factor will be 32.7 ...Guess they are trying to make up for all the stripping away they have done over the last 8 years all at once....my math puts it a fairly equitable from a net present value perspective.

Buddybrown

if its NOT over 2.0, they better be announcing a match of 401k being restored in the same press release. Sedriously, I am one foot out of the door. I got screwed this last year becasue corporate was not discounting to a point where I could win business. I lost more opportuntities this year than ever before. i did, however retain ALL my business and the rate increase.
They better or what...Don’t let the door hit ya… and that’s not me thinking/saying that. I thought entitlement came from a younger generation..:happy-very:
You can disagree all you want but the people at the top just look at everyone as a resource and they are interchangeable - just a cog in the machine. If you leave you will be replaced with a lower cost cog with no pension liability and at a lower rate. Despite all your rage, you're still just a rat in a cage.
Good response Jingles. This is true in the corporate world, shareholders and profits come first everything else follows or the whole damn thing is at stake!! Doesn’t mean you can’t treat people/employees fairly but that is subjective.
This company is now run by Accountants and I work in and around these Corporate Accounting people and this is the way they look at these things.Until we get some real management people back into the highest level decision making apparatus at UPS, this is the way its going to be. Sorry for the reality check.
I trust my accountant more than my lawyer. I’m not sure it’s bad to have accountants in charge, aren’t the accounting people real management people too? Best case is to have a diverse group of management people and I hardly think that the accounting people run the entire show… Since many management people have left won’t this up the percentage going to each who is still here? Also all MIP recipients have stock and if the level of MIP given justifies a positive outlook from the shareholders (not saying it would) because the bottom line looks better than wouldn’t this be a win too in possibly sending the stock higher??

sosocal

I will log a guess.... 3.01 (insert all disclaimers about "solely the opinion of the poster"...."not eligible in Hawaii, peurto rico.."..."results may vary"... and "don't attempt this at home"...)

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
There's a stupid rumour on Yahoo that all MIP's have been reduced to 1.00 (All levels)

I wouldn't be surprised if the factor was 1.0, but I doubt all levels would get the same. The compensation pattern has been to give the upper levels more and the lower levels less.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
i think the rumor on yahoo to which you are referring (if I can read) says that managers are going down to 1 unit. full time supervisors are currently 1 unit and managers are 2 unit. If managers go down to 1 unit, there is zero incentive to be promoted, especially in sales.

edit: the rumor says nothing about the factor

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i think the rumor on yahoo to which you are referring (if I can read) says that managers are going down to 1 unit. full time supervisors are currently 1 unit and managers are 2 unit. If managers go down to 1 unit, there is zero incentive to be promoted, especially in sales.

I think that is called rumor enhancement. You know how enhancements go ... :knockedout:

Karma...

I believe that refers to the revision of mip factors to: 1 for supervisors, 1.5 for managers, 2 for division managers on up with options etc.....i heard that sales, ie, lp and pe are to be out to other companies next year....it looks like a continual change in the company's culture.....