Misload procedure

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are close to the end, and really wouldn't have to take too much heat for too long. If you won't do it just let the one driver that wants to run with it do it. Then you file on it, if I remember you are the top seniority driver right?

Yeah but how would it be fair for me to financially benefit from someone else's work?

By The Book

I'm sorry but my local is weak. They know about the misload thing and nothing is done! I have been threatened in front of my stewart and bus. agent about dropping grievances and they tell me to just drop the grievance. I have lost all my respect for my local.
Then you call your local and ask to speak to your BA. You let him/her know that you are going to be contacting the international because your BA is not representing you and not enforcing the contract.

MC0493

Often times in my building our evening air driver will spend the afternoon shuttling misloads around. Otherwise we deliver them if they're nearby or they just go back to the building.

8000Shelf

Sups run misleads everyday here. Our local knows it goes on and they do nothing.
Our car wash is subcontracted also. It's not a battle one member can fight at this point... but they have everyone afraid to speak up it seems. I blame our BA who is a weak enforcer of the contract.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sups run misleads everyday here. Our local knows it goes on and they do nothing.
Our car wash is subcontracted also. It's not a battle one member can fight at this point... but they have everyone afraid to speak up it seems. I blame our BA who is a weak enforcer of the contract.

It's not a matter of being afraid.

Is it a battle worth fighting? In most cases--- no.

1Simplemann

Supervisors always come meet us and shuttle misloads around. Often they will deliver the packages also and tell us to sheet them up delivered. Some supervisors will take packages on their way home at night and deliver them so they are not missed. Its a joke!
This would never happen in my center. Time slip them. If your shop steward won't handle it, then your BA should handle it, if they won't handle it call the international and let your BA and your shop steward know that you will be doing their jobs for them.