Misloads with air

MTbrown

I am being punished for misloads that come with the air. There is at least one every other day and they show up under my name even tho I had nothing to do with it. Anyone who is getting more than 1 misload per 3000 packages has to use a crayon. I asked one of my drivers to save the spa label for me so I can show them that it was scanned after I had clocked out. Can the drivers sheet it differently so it doesn't get blamed on me? What should I do?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am being punished for misloads that come with the air. There is at least one every other day and they show up under my name even tho I had nothing to do with it. Anyone who is getting more than 1 misload per 3000 packages has to use a crayon. I asked one of my drivers to save the spa label for me so I can show them that it was scanned after I had clocked out. Can the drivers sheet it differently so it doesn't get blamed on me? What should I do?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436225965.954697.jpg

Nope. Once it's late,its late. If we try to fudge it,we will get fired.

Tough Guy

Yeah we have to watch those part time sups. They like to chuck stuff in cars while we're at PCM.

If they can prove via time stamp that you didn't load it, I don't see how they can come down on you

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Stop leaving early!

Yeah we have to watch those part time sups. They like to chuck stuff in cars while we're at PCM.

If they can prove via time stamp that you didn't load it, I don't see how they can come down on you
I agree PT sups are the biggest culprits of misloads. Just throw the stuff in a truck and once the truck leaves it is someone else's problem. I was running a NDA route with a large bulk stop on the tail and everyday I would find a missing stop, or two, buried with the bulk. Caught the PT sup one day tossing my air into the back and his answer was "at least it is on the right car". And he was a trainer. He did not last long as either a trainer or a PT sup.

JackStraw

Don't know if any one reads it, but there is space for a comment where we can say if it was a mis-spa or whatever when we send in a misload.

Box Ox

The tracking number should be right on the misload report (which you should also check closely to make sure they're not trying to blame you for misloading a route you didn't have anything to do with). Pull up tracking at your location. If the timestamp indicates it's clearly not you, tell management they'd better cut the crap or you're going to have your union local take a good look into the issue of sups (or another loader) throwing in misloads after you've punched out. The union does have the right to see the report and your timecard.

Also, if you know for a fact that anyone else is loading your routes at any point in the sort, refuse to sign for any misloads and write on the report exactly why you're not signing. Include the name(s) of whoever else loaded them if you can. If management still wants to pursue a losing case, ask them when they'd like to talk with you and your shop steward or BA.

Overpaid Union Thug

Either leave all NDAs outside the truck (the driver may or may not be cool with that) or double check that they are on the right trucks before you leave. Meaning...when you are told to get lost by your supervisor tell him/her that you need to check your NDAs first and tell the sup to to be your witness.

MTbrown

Either leave all NDAs outside the truck (the driver may or may not be cool with that) or double check that they are on the right trucks before you leave. Meaning...when you are told to get lost by your supervisor tell him/her that you need to check your NDAs first and tell the sup to to be your witness.
I just do preload. I Never have anything to do with sorting NDAs

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds like your sups are misloading air and screwing you.

Oak

Sounds like grievance after grievance to me. Hourlies shift ends before air arrives? Is this a daily thing? IF so, Sups should probably be nailed to the wall for progressing the movement of packages. They will "try" to say there were no hourly employees on hand. This is their fault by design.

Oak

With your steward present ask, "What is the tracking number? Let's track it. Print that for me." Next ask, "What time did I clock out that day? Print that for me too." You have a right to anything in your file. While these items aren't in your file, they are pertinent to the papers connected with them.

When you file the grievance against the discipline, be sure to also file for harassment AND the time difference when you clocked out and when the air was scanned.

Last edited: