MiSLoaDs

Management,
There are going to be misloads every single day. No loader is perfect. He or she is a human, not a robot. Deal with it. So both (FT & PT Sups) stop verbalizing us with the "Do you know how many misloads you had yesterday?" BS OK? Thanks.

Sincerely,
- UPS Loaders

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Dear Hourly,

We know there will be misloads everyday. The problem is too many misloads are from the same people over and over and over again and it costs us a lot of money. Some go weeks at a time while others have multiple daily. If those multiple daily people could get it down to maybe 1 a week you would hear a lot less from us.

Sincerely,
The People You Hate

PT Car Washer

Maybe train preloaders to look at the address label along with the PAL. That way at least they would not load the wrong city or town. Too many preloaders don't even know what town or ZIP they are loading.

Whats 9.5?

I've had about 8 a day for a month. I would sort my truck while waiting to get out of the lineup and pull most of them. Now I just find them and put them in FL1 and send them in at my 2nd or 3rd stop. I either sheet them as missed or run them and miss 9.5 and file.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've had about 8 a day for a month. I would sort my truck while waiting to get out of the lineup and pull most of them. Now I just find them and put them in FL1 and send them in at my 2nd or 3rd stop. I either sheet them as missed or run them and miss 9.5 and file.

8 misloads per day just on your car? That loader would have sent back to the unload a long time ago if he worked in my center.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
8 a day is a little excessive and I load trucks. I can see a bad day but 8 a day might mean your blind or get lost.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
And people say corporate is responsible for killing service.

If someone pulled out 8 misloads and the vehicles the packages were supposed to be on left I would probably have to put an air driver on road. So instead of someone else getting paid top rate and improving their living you're screwing the air driver (or possibly a low seniority FTer just looking to work) and the customer because odds are they won't get their packages that day.

PT Car Washer

If someone pulled out 8 misloads and the vehicles the packages were supposed to be on left I would probably have to put an air driver on road. So instead of someone else getting paid top rate and improving their living you're screwing the air driver (or possibly a low seniority FTer just looking to work) and the customer because odds are they won't get their packages that day.
Easy. Fix the misload problem instead of placing the blame elsewhere. Before PAS misloads were almost unknown.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Easy. Fix the misload problem instead of placing the blame elsewhere. Before PAS misloads were almost unknown.
There's only so much we can do. If we send a guy help and he gets misloads we are told we can't touch him because someone helped him (even when the help has a misload rate of 1:30,000). If we tell him to use a crayon they ignore it. We tell them peel and stick, they ignore it. We start issuing warning letters the union fights us.

PT Car Washer

There's only so much we can do. If we send a guy help and he gets misloads we are told we can't touch him because someone helped him (even when the help has a misload rate of 1:30,000). If we tell him to use a crayon they ignore it. We tell them peel and stick, they ignore it. We start issuing warning letters the union fights us.
Go back to the load charts. Worked pretty well for me for years. Of course production would go down. Or how about paying a decent wage. Preloaders used to be paid about $.50/hr less then drivers.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't know with the way some of you supervisors train it is no surprise there are tons of misloads. Now maybe not you personally. Seems a lot in my building train to stack out all day were send you help at the end. Also were not allowed to do peel and stick, takes to much time according to upper management.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Corporate IS responsible. Why in my building is there 3 to 4 package cars per loader? This is too much work for the average person. Can't get a good load quality, forget the misloads, do you know how much more productive a driver could be with stop for stop loads?

I get to work 20 mins before start time and see preloaders running out of the building. Why not have them straighten up the loads til the bell? To save a nickel so you can spend a dollar?
Hire more people.

Winner in my book.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Corporate IS responsible. Why in my building is there 3 to 4 package cars per loader? This is too much work for the average person. Can't get a good load quality, forget the misloads, do you know how much more productive a driver could be with stop for stop loads?

I get to work 20 mins before start time and see preloaders running out of the building. Why not have them straighten up the loads til the bell? To save a nickel so you can spend a dollar?

Winner in my book.
giphy.gif

Whats 9.5?

Boo hoo! It's not my responsibility to find his misroutes before I leave in the first place. Also, I'm not screwing anybody over. My center would never put a air driver on road to run misroutes. Our sups come and get them and run them. And then I file.