Missed Bid Sheet..

Pridge18

I'm a cover driver and I guess the two weeks I drove, they put up a bid sheet for Full-time. I evidently missed it and didn't get a chance to sign it. They called me and said, "You didn't sign the bid sheet, so your going to be the top cover driver and people below you are going full-time." Does this mean that because I accidentally missed signing a piece of paper that I'm going to miss out on moving to full-time?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
They will put it up again next year, they post it at the beginning of the year in my building. If they don't get enough people wanting the job, maybe they will post it again sooner. I always look at the Bid Board every week, even though I don't want to bid on anything. You never know what might get posted. Its a good way to help your co-workers in the same area to get moved somewhere else if they aren't pulling their weight and you have to bail them out frequently.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
That totally sucks and is a mistake you'll regret for the rest of your career as those guys get your vaca picks and bump you from routes.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
you can't expect somebody else to make life's choices for you. It's not their responsibility to keep you up on what's going on. Woulda thought you would have heard someone talking about the bid sheets being up, tho. I bet you make it a point to walk by that bulletin board every day from now on. I had 38 years with the company. Had the top hourly job available (in my honest opinion) and even I would walk by the bid sheets and read them, just to see what was going on.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm a cover driver and I guess the two weeks I drove, they put up a bid sheet for Full-time. I evidently missed it and didn't get a chance to sign it. They called me and said, "You didn't sign the bid sheet, so your going to be the top cover driver and people below you are going full-time." Does this mean that because I accidentally missed signing a piece of paper that I'm going to miss out on moving to full-time?

Wait......WHAT!

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Usually there's bid gossip too. Sounds like guys right below you had a little conspiracy to keep you out of the loop, tough break.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Although I do agree that the OP is most likely out of luck, I would make sure that the bid sheet was placed where everyone could see it. Our center manager has a bad habit of posting bid sheets just outside of his office rather than on the bulletin board for all to see and we have had issues with past bids as a result. It may be a long shot but the OP should check to make sure the bid was posted properly and kept up for the entire time rather than pulled down early.