Missed pickup?

9.5er

Next time stop in front of the house then follow the next steps.

1. Look at the tracking number of the call tag by hitting the detail soft key.
2. Remember or write down the last 4 digits.
3. Go back to Edd screen Hi-lite the call tag if it not the next in your EDD then hit scan.
4. Then hit find number input the last 4 and hit enter
5. Then hit non deliver Nr1.

I don't pick up packages if I don't have the call tag.

you can either ask the clerk to print one when you get back to the building or send a message and have then leave you one in your DIAD slot.
This is the way I handle missing call tags. Unless the package is sitting out in plain sight.
I do not want to ask customer if he has a package being sent back and not know what or where package is being returned to.

UPSGUY72

Yup and if you don't have it, quit being lazy and use your brain to solve the problem lol:thumbsup:

A like not to look like a A-hole when you go ask a customer if they have a package that they are sending back and they ask either who is it going back to or which on.

There is always tomorrow to get it right and not look like a A-hole.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
A like not to look like a A-hole when you go ask a customer if they have a package that they are sending back and they ask either who is it going back to or which on.

There is always tomorrow to get it right and not look like a A-hole.
Absolutely, yeah that's the :censored2:zz customers that are idiots of course, but some do know the deal and are smart enough to leave it at the front door lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yes there is

1. The clerk didn't put it in your slot.
2. It was part of and add cut and the other driver has it.
If its in my board and I don't have it, ill make the conscious effort to pick it up, but yeah different scenarios do play out in situations like that for sure, weve seen them all lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Let me correct,myself. with all this technology,we should not have these kinds of mistakes.
Yeah but look who were talking bout lol.
images

Bottom rung

I missed a call tag as they aren't in edd when they become send agains. I sheeted it as missed. I was given a stern talking to by the dispatch sup, he told me I should have called the customer when I returned to the building and tell them I would re attempt tomorrow. I asked "what if it's ready?" And then said that would be dishonest to sheet as not ready. He said "so what just sheet it." I said yeah right... so you can fire me?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I missed a call tag as they aren't in edd when they become send agains. I sheeted it as missed. I was given a stern talking to by the dispatch sup, he told me I should have called the customer when I returned to the building and tell them I would re attempt tomorrow. I asked "what if it's ready?" And then said that would be dishonest to sheet as not ready. He said "so what just sheet it." I said yeah right... so you can fire me?
Exactly like I said management is content with mediocrity and failure and dishonestly. Thanks for being such role models you freakin jerknutt idiots lol.

O

OLDMAN3

OK,
I really don't want to alarm the OP but...
We had a driver fired for saying he attempted a call tag when he did not, and originally said he did attempt it...dishonesty.
The termination stuck.
I would suggest the OP talk to his steward before punch-in tomorrow in case he is called in to the office to explain why he sheeted as if he made an attempt.
If you sheeted on area as not found because you did not realize it was a call tag and not a box; then at the bldg realized it was a call tag you should not have sheeted as NI1 or NR1.

If you make a honest mistake (not realizing it was a call, and sheeting as not found) don't ever try to cover up the mistake with a lie (NI1). An honest mistake can cost you a warning letter, a cover up lie can cost your job.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mack Grant

I had a pickup on my board but i didnt have the label/sticker to scan so i scanned it in building after back in center as ni1.. will i get in trouble?
Do like other drivers here have said and highlight the stop in the board then /details remember the last four of tracking then scan /find BC /enter last 4 of tracking /not in 1st /scan info notice /toss info notice onto ground /punch out and go home baby!!
Edit: just realized that you were back in the building when you found the still active stop in the board. In that case go into the sups office and tell them what happened. Shouldn't be a biggie, where I am some of the drivers won't even attempt the call tags because they're still sticking on the call tag board when we pull out of the building!!

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

In a.m. after I get EDD I look for call tags and make sure I have them. I also check the call tags I have to see if they are for the area I am working or if they really belong to another route.

But I'm human and it's possible to get on road and realize i have a calltag in EDD but don't have the tag. I will call the center and get the consignee and shipper info so I don't sound like and idiot when I make the attempt. If I pick up the package I will give the consignee the tracking number or leave it on info note.

We have committed to a customer to attempt this pickup and the fact that the tag was not properly dispatched does not mean we should blow it off.

We charge someone for every call tag even if we don't pickup the package. Obviously we charge for moving the package itself only if that happens but the calltag charge is still getting billed. So we should make the attempt.

DishTV call tags are annoying, sure but it's money in the bank. I think I actually get a package on those like 1 in 100 attempts.

What ticks me off are call tags dispatched to me for areas I am delivering but they are NOT in EDD. Nobody seems to know why this happens. It's hit and miss.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Here, if you're gonna use not found as a remedy for not having the tag in your possession, you'd still need to notify the center that, you're in fact, missing it. We service them all, whether we have the tags or not. One phone call or ods message to the center will get you all the info you need about what you're picking up .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Next time stop in front of the house then follow the next steps.

1. Look at the tracking number of the call tag by hitting the detail soft key.
2. Remember or write down the last 4 digits.
3. Go back to Edd screen Hi-lite the call tag if it not the next in your EDD then hit scan.
4. Then hit find number input the last 4 and hit enter
5. Pick up package and bring it back to the center.
6. ODS asking for a duplicate call tag to be printed and left in your slot.
7. Affix call tag to package so it can make service.
8. Bring receipt to customer the following day.

You can either ask the clerk to print one when you get back to the building or send a message and have then leave you one in your DIAD slot.

Whargoul

You should attempt the call tag if it's your board. If you don't have the call tag you can still PU the pkg and send a msg to center you need the call tag printed out. If the pkg isn't sitting out ready to be picked up I usually sheet as NR1.

Mack Grant

In a.m. after I get EDD I look for call tags and make sure I have them. I also check the call tags I have to see if they are for the area I am working or if they really belong to another route.

But I'm human and it's possible to get on road and realize i have a calltag in EDD but don't have the tag. I will call the center and get the consignee and shipper info so I don't sound like and idiot when I make the attempt. If I pick up the package I will give the consignee the tracking number or leave it on info note.

We have committed to a customer to attempt this pickup and the fact that the tag was not properly dispatched does not mean we should blow it off.

We charge someone for every call tag even if we don't pickup the package. Obviously we charge for moving the package itself only if that happens but the calltag charge is still getting billed. So we should make the attempt.

DishTV call tags are annoying, sure but it's money in the bank. I think I actually get a package on those like 1 in 100 attempts.

What ticks me off are call tags dispatched to me for areas I am delivering but they are NOT in EDD. Nobody seems to know why this happens. It's hit and miss.
Don't feel bad over NI1 call tags that are nr1 or ni1 because many times the customer (where I am) is not aware that the tag is even out for pickup that day. Make sure you make the attempt even if its find BC. We swap cars in my center like musical chairs. If you want to be smart get EDD in the am and get the tags printed that are not on the board before you leave, but make the attempt.