Missed pickup?

The Driver

I drive.
If you have a Call Tag stop but you don't have the call tag itself, stop at the stop anyway and see if you can pick it up. Hit "details" on the stop in EDD and look at the last 4 numbers. Hit the "scan" button and then hit the softkey that says something like "Find barcode" or "last four numbers" and then type those last four numbers that you saw from the package (call tag) details. That will pull up the appropriate tracking for the package. If you indeed get the package for the customer, hit Stop Complete to finish the stop. If they are not in or whatever, hit "NI1" or "NR1" to indicate another attempt (if applicable).

If you do pick up the actual package, make sure to ask the center to reprint the call tag so you can apply it to the package back at the center. Then just throw it on the conveyor belt and go home.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Sometimes its a big deal. Usually I get a message to it pick up at the end of the day. I don't like picking it up with out the tag. Tonight I called to have them printed cause I dont have them physically. Saves time for me and the reason I don't have them is cause another driver had it the day before due to the multiple software programs making the job inconsistent.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't feel bad over NI1 call tags that are nr1 or ni1 because many times the customer (where I am) is not aware that the tag is even out for pickup that day. Make sure you make the attempt even if its find BC. We swap cars in my center like musical chairs. If you want to be smart get EDD in the am and get the tags printed that are not on the board before you leave, but make the attempt.

What does swapping package cars have to do with this? Call tags that are not picked up need to be given to the PM clerk to be processed and should not be left in the pkg cars.

brownrod

If this happens again use Find BC at the pickup location, take package, drop off receipt the next day.

You will do that until you pickup the wrong package. been there done that. won't pick up a ct package unless I have the ct in hand and have some verification I have the correct package.

AKCoverMan

You will do that until you pickup the wrong package. been there done that. won't pick up a ct package unless I have the ct in hand and have some verification I have the correct package.
That's why I get all the info on the tag from the center in the event of a missing calltag.

If I PU the package I write the 1Z on it with a sharpie just in case I blow it at the center and fail to get the reprinted tag.