Missed Stops

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm just curious what the most missed stops from any one driver have been (that you know of) in your center and if any discipline was issued. I'm strictly talking about missed because of bad loads or double / triple tripping not from vehicle breakdowns or weather.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I brought about 200 back at 11:00 at night once during peak. No snow, just a complete failure to plan on the part of my management team.

tapatio75

About 40 packaged( dont know how many stops) because they sent me blind in another center and I didnt know the area, so they were closed

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It is only missed if they say it is. Message all missed and let them make the call.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is only missed if they say it is. Message all missed and let them make the call.

I had a misload and thought for sure I had sent in the misload message. When I didn't hear anything by 4:30pm I sheeted the pkg as missed. You would have thought I had committed a cardinal offense. Now I don't do a thing with misloads unless I am told to, even going so far as to bringing them in to the office and letting them decide what to do.

9.5er

I had a misload and thought for sure I had sent in the misload message. When I didn't hear anything by 4:30pm I sheeted the pkg as missed. You would have thought I had committed a cardinal offense. Now I don't do a thing with misloads unless I am told to, even going so far as to bringing them in to the office and letting them decide what to do.
We are required to bring all misleads into the center manager's office. We were also told to never sheet misloads unless we deliver them.
I had one earlier this week. Sent in the message at 2 when I found it. Carried it to the center manager. He immediately used the customer counter board to sheet it. Wish I had written down the tracking # so I could see how he sheeted it. Could be interesting to see if he was honest or dishonest.

oldngray

nowhere special
We are required to bring all misleads into the center manager's office. We were also told to never sheet misloads unless we deliver them.
I had one earlier this week. Sent in the message at 2 when I found it. Carried it to the center manager. He immediately used the customer counter board to sheet it. Wish I had written down the tracking # so I could see how he sheeted it. Could be interesting to see if he was honest or dishonest.

The center manager is still in his office when you get in at night?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Take a cellphone pic.

BrownTexas

In Dallas/fort worth last year they were putting 400 packages on cars and telling people just deliver until your dot hours won't let you anymore, then being the car back and we will load it up again tomorrow. There were no sheeted missed. It was just "maybe tomorrow".

BrownTexas

Get the ups app... You can scan the barcode and it will do all the work for you.

scooby0048

Around here if we don't make service we risk termination. Period.
They are pulling that crap here, don't know how something like would stick if you ran out of hours AND called in early for help. Contract doesn't recognize performance numbers, just "fair days pay for fair days work"

scooby0048

It's amazing just how many different rules are applied throughout the country by one company. We have to sheet all misloads and attempt them...not just if they are close, but if they are in the same county. An hour roundtrip to make service, oh well, make the attempt.