Missed Stops

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Stops or pieces? And no discipline? Here you fart funny and they claim you're creating a hostile workplace.
Missed stops are the hammer we often must use to beat stupid, stubborn management people into a more rational and reasonable frame of mind when it comes to the dispatch decisions they make. Complaints fall on deaf ears; missed stops dont.

scisector9

Missed or emergency conditions?

Our center rolled 3600 pieces one day last year during peak due to a bad ice storm. Had guys stuck and wrecking. Called all outlying areas in around 1800 for safety reasons. Think we had around 60 routes on the streets that day.

Besides bad weather days most missed pieces I've had was around 20 all commercial. center manager called me screaming he was going to loose his job. Sent two drivers to bail me out but had already missed the businesses. He is still my boss

rkctkc

Last year during peak I was getting dispatched with over 900 packages in a p12 every day. All business, about 150 stops. They would just fill up my truck with what could fit and just leave the rest in the cages. I was bringing 90ish stops back every day for over a week until I could get all the packages delivered. We didnt have enough drivers to add another route. All our supervisors were out on routes too. I know we were Hella backed up last year. I know we had 100s of trailers on a lot down the street that needed to be sorta. I wanna say like 500 - 700 trailers. We just didn't have the man power to unload, sort, load, and deliver all of the packages

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Funny yesterday I had a full truck of commercial pieces at 4pm.....I sent a message that I am going to have 400 missed possibly.......when I get to the area the road was closed by police......center manager got lucky the missed pieces turned into ec........our center is collapsing and we aren't even in dec yet

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Funny yesterday I had a full truck of commercial pieces at 4pm.....I sent a message that I am going to have 400 missed possibly.......when I get to the area the road was closed by police......center manager got lucky the missed pieces turned into ec........our center is collapsing and we aren't even in dec yet

There was no alternate route to the delivery area?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
80% of my route is on 1 street they had it closed from both sides
I have a residential neighborhood that has construction on 8 different streets in a 1 way mess so the streets are all closed. Cant deliver until they reopen after dark everyday and its the kind of neighborhood you want to get off before dark.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Go to ups.com and track the package. If there are any irregularities let the customer know what happened.

How would you explain that to a customer?

"Uh, sorry ma'am, but you see uh, well uh, my manager gets in trouble for missed pkgs and well uh, he decided your pkg should be recorded as "insert exception code here" and uh, that's what happened to your last Sunday's QVC special value of the day pkg... I'm really sorry about that..."

How professional is that? What sort of vindication do you win?

Sent using a Potato

Thebrownstreak

During peak a few years back they sent us out with a big snow storm...I had 325 leaving building.....at 1 pm they called us if the road after 5 drivers got stuck...I had 50 off...so I sheeted 275 ecd.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Man if we have more than 4 missed in the whole building it is considered a horrendous day. I couldn't imagine what it would be like if 200 came back as missed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How would you explain that to a customer?

"Uh, sorry ma'am, but you see uh, well uh, my manager gets in trouble for missed pkgs and well uh, he decided your pkg should be recorded as "insert exception code here" and uh, that's what happened to your last Sunday's QVC special value of the day pkg... I'm really sorry about that..."

How professional is that? What sort of vindication do you win?

How many times have you had a delivery which the customer tracked to their front door only to be asked about an exception code or other issue which delayed their delivery?