missing Iphone6

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Because they are stolen by people who don't know what they are doing. Stealing in the first place isn't smart, so look who you're dealing with.

Feel free to read that article posted just a couple weeks ago. Apple may be lagging behind in innovation, but the "kill switch" option has been in effect for over a year. California is simply trying to make a law to mandate all cell phones have it.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...-california-ctia-editorials-debates/15257119/
Stealing in the first place is not smart. I agree. Apples Activation Lock is for users who get their phone stolen. If a thief gets to it before the user locks the phone, it is good to go. If a new phone is stolen, like through a shipping company, it is good to go.

I do not advocate stealing, but I do like screwing with companies with all their copy protection, security software, etc. At the moment, I am working on cracking Cinavia. Keeps me busy in my spare time.

No, I do not send out viruses, but I like beating the big boys.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
If you didn't take it then you are all good. Just tell the truth. I've actually had them pull me in twice for missing items. The second time they pulled me in because I live in the same town as the guy they thought was stealing, they were really grasping at straws on that one. As long as you didn't take anything then they can suck it.

oldngray

nowhere special
Everyone should have realized how obsessively anal UPS would be about iphones and been extra careful about every one you saw. Its a no brainer that LP would be watching every little discrepancy.

Foamer Pyle

As soon as that phone is activated, they will know where it is, and further investigation can be done.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Thebrownstreak

same thing happened to me when the 5s came out…the PT supervisor said he himself scanned the package and put it on my truck. His scan was at 6:45am…only problem was it was scanned in small sort…he then put it on the belt and somewhere between there and my truck it went missing. I had 5 misleads…2 being 5s's for the car next to me which i delivered. Phone showed up 2 weeks later….a jam on the belt pushed the package onto one of the convert belt motor housing. It was sitting there the whole time……LP had me in the office w/o a steward…i requested one and they got all loud saying that it proved i was guilty by asking for representation. But they sent me on my way b/c the load was down and people were pulling….i walk in the next AM and LP's regional supervisor was there and asked me to go upstairs before start time….i laughed at them and the LP sup got pissed. I walked over to our steward and told him what was going on and that i would never steal a $600 phone over an $80,000/yr job. We went upstairs and again they gave me the riot act and i just laughed. Long story short it was found and i told the LP guy to go pound sand before he attempts to accuse me again for stealing.

Get representation whenever they bring up upstairs to "talk"/investigate anything.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
We had an LP guy down here in Texas who was really full of himself. He was in the guard shack one day hammering on employees leaving work. He was bragging about his credentials. He said "You know I was a New York City Cop, right? What does that tell you?" I said "it sounds like you have trouble holding a job." He didn't find it funny. He was fired shortly after that. lol

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Anytime you are asked about specifics, the textbook answer is "I DONT RECALL".

Any other answer and you're just setting yourself up, regardless or not if you're guilty.

Fedex Guy

Hello there,

ok so far im on my day 22 and have been scratching for the last 9 days.

today after the pcm i was pulled apart and taken into a room with 2 guys from the investigation dept. they asked me if i remember friday and i told them yes, then they ask me where i live, with who i share my apartment, what was my previous job if i like iphone (wich i really dont) and then they told me on friday the loaded a package into my car and it was not delivered.
they gave me the address and i told to one of them i used the diad to report 2 missing (not found) pkgs from my car and it was one of them. the he quickly show me some papker with the tracking record and told me like " not you didnt, because the last time the tracking# was scanned it was at 815am before it was put into your package car" then i told him that my SUP has just gave me a paper where it shows i reported the 2 not found pakgs. then they make me step out for a min and called me back in and asked me if i remember who loaded my truck of if i have any bulk stops and i said no, then they told me if i remember anything to let them know.

anyways my question am I on trouble??

what i do every day is after my last commercial stop, i take 30 minutes lunch to sort my load usually around 1230-1300.

also the second not found pkg was today on my load and my diad. but not the iphone.

Please stop sorting your truck on your lunch break. You should be getting paid to do that. After you qualify of course.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

Siveriano

same thing happened to me when the 5s came out…the PT supervisor said he himself scanned the package and put it on my truck. His scan was at 6:45am…only problem was it was scanned in small sort…he then put it on the belt and somewhere between there and my truck it went missing. I had 5 misleads…2 being 5s's for the car next to me which i delivered. Phone showed up 2 weeks later….a jam on the belt pushed the package onto one of the convert belt motor housing. It was sitting there the whole time……LP had me in the office w/o a steward…i requested one and they got all loud saying that it proved i was guilty by asking for representation. But they sent me on my way b/c the load was down and people were pulling….i walk in the next AM and LP's regional supervisor was there and asked me to go upstairs before start time….i laughed at them and the LP sup got pissed. I walked over to our steward and told him what was going on and that i would never steal a $600 phone over an $80,000/yr job. We went upstairs and again they gave me the riot act and i just laughed. Long story short it was found and i told the LP guy to go pound sand before he attempts to accuse me again for stealing.

how do i get one of those steward guys???
i havent talk to anyone from the union or nothing even tho they have take $90 of my paycheck so far.

Please stop sorting your truck on your lunch break. You should be getting paid to do that. After you qualify of course.

will do, the day after i receive "the call" ill stop sorting it on lunch.

sucks for me on sep 30 is my day 29 then ill be back to work on oct 16.

is this really happening in the whole US, all temp drivers get off from oct1 to the 15?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
My first negative interaction with UPS derived from an experience with LP when I was 18 and had one years' service. My sort manager cheerfully approached me at the end of the sort, told me 'hey Bagels, when you're done, clock out and come upstairs... there's some people I'd like you to meet.' At the time, I had a letter in to be a PT sup, so I figured that's what this was about. At the time I wasn't "vested" into UPS, so I didn't know who was in the conference room... but it was three members of LP, the DM and my business agents (first time I communicated with them).

LP went on to describe that they knew I had stolen a package of cigarette stamps and it was just a matter of time before they'd be able to prove it. The interrogation lasted 90-minutes... I remember asking LP what cigarette stamps were and being told 'don't be a friend'ing idiot'. They offered me a one-time deal: admit my guilt, sign a letter of resignation, and UPS wouldn't seek reimbursement or prosecution. But if I didn't, they'd prosecute me & seek restitution to the full extent. I remember my BAs telling me 'if you did it, take the deal ... if you didn't do it, you have nothing to worry about.' I remember telling my BA I was worried UPS would set-me up and him telling me I was starting to worry him.

Later, my BA told me that if UPS had reasonable evidence, I would've been a goner. He said meetings like that were more-or-less hail marys for them. But he didn't tell me that then.... think we get along?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My first negative interaction with UPS derived from an experience with LP when I was 18 and had one years' service. My sort manager cheerfully approached me at the end of the sort, told me 'hey Bagels, when you're done, clock out and come upstairs... there's some people I'd like you to meet.' At the time, I had a letter in to be a PT sup, so I figured that's what this was about. At the time I wasn't "vested" into UPS, so I didn't know who was in the conference room... but it was three members of LP, the DM and my business agents (first time I communicated with them).

LP went on to describe that they knew I had stolen a package of cigarette stamps and it was just a matter of time before they'd be able to prove it. The interrogation lasted 90-minutes... I remember asking LP what cigarette stamps were and being told 'don't be a friend'ing idiot'. They offered me a one-time deal: admit my guilt, sign a letter of resignation, and UPS wouldn't seek reimbursement or prosecution. But if I didn't, they'd prosecute me & seek restitution to the full extent. I remember my BAs telling me 'if you did it, take the deal ... if you didn't do it, you have nothing to worry about.' I remember telling my BA I was worried UPS would set-me up and him telling me I was starting to worry him.

Later, my BA told me that if UPS had reasonable evidence, I would've been a goner. He said meetings like that were more-or-less hail marys for them. But he didn't tell me that then.... think we get along?
First issue is you donating 90 minutes to UPS. Next your BA allowing them to speak to you that way in front of witnesses is concerning.