Missing Mark Sanford

wkmac

Thats why I say do not commit and then go for the deathbed conversion.

At least that way a person won't live their whole life as a hypocrite, only at the very end :wink2:.

Like NASCAR, they call that the "Lucky Dog" rule. Read the "rule book" and ask the umpires (preachers) and they'll tell you this is permitted.

:rofl:

wkmac

Think of Rachel Maddow what you want but she did an excellent job bringing more info to light about the C Street House and Douglas Coe with these interviews over 2 nights with Jeff Sharlet. What you believe in your private life is your business but once you accept public leadership, this kind of very thing should be a matter of public record and transparency. That goes for all organizations and gatherings of people of power who's members affect the public trust and come into play in the decision process of the person in public power.

[video=youtube;wAnFD2ALFTs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAnFD2ALFTs[/video]

[video=youtube;dox4jdW4UyQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dox4jdW4UyQ[/video]

[video=youtube;ArY8vvjohaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArY8vvjohaQ&NR=1[/video]

browndevil

Nice post. Rachel Maddow is a brilliant woman. My wife and I watch her show regularly. She is on in the background when I am on the Brown Cafe. More importantly, she is a local gal from Castro Valley right here in the Bay Area

diesel96

Be nice to see a commentary from CSM on the GOP's viciousness towards the Bill Clinton excapades and the relentless campaign to impeach him, run him out of town, ruin his career, and destroy his family.....and didn't you feel the love from the GOP for Sen Larry Craig the Mnpls restroom caper to repent and rejoin the beltway boys club....lol

Pickup the problem here is you're applying biblical logic to state the president is doing something wrong.

In fact as my liberal democratic friends will tell me they purposely avoid a committment to any religious or societal principles. By avoiding the committment to those principles they never find theirselves in violation of them. Thus they are free to rut and lust like animals with no feelings of guilt to associate to those actions.

Obama is a democrat devoid of any morals or principles. Since he has not spoken out against oogling a womans rear there is nothing wrong with it.:happy-very:

Obama should have grabbed her and started humping her right there. Its apparently a right democrats have since they are careful they do not profess a belief in morals or principles.

Wkmac, it's comments like these, and how many others in the GOP have professed that when one of their own goes astray, the GOP ought to be reminded and brought back down to Earth that their morality or principles is NOT on a higher plane than others....I'm sure your buddy, Greenwald from Salon.com would confirm this....:smart:......Tieguy, this must be your beef of the week????...lol

P

pickup

I don't know your friend Matthew, never heard of him, and I don't understand why it was important to tell us he told you that at 5:28 (am or pm?). I'm sure Matt has checked out a few chicks from behind too!

But IMHO, checking her out is not adultery!!!!

like I said, I was just being an a-hole. But actually, I think Matthew was quoting his boss.:wink2:

P

pickup

Pickup the problem here is you're applying biblical logic to state the president is doing something wrong.

In fact as my liberal democratic friends will tell me they purposely avoid a committment to any religious or societal principles. By avoiding the committment to those principles they never find theirselves in violation of them. Thus they are free to rut and lust like animals with no feelings of guilt to associate to those actions.

It has been my experience that one of a religious bent who harps on a certain sin is usually struggling with that sin/temptation as well. Wasn't there a congressman who was a strong advocate against child molestation, and then it was discovered he was a child molester?

tieguy

Banned
Wkmac, it's comments like these, and how many others in the GOP have professed that when one of their own goes astray, the GOP ought to be reminded and brought back down to Earth that their morality or principles is NOT on a higher plane than others....I'm sure your buddy, Greenwald from Salon.com would confirm this....:smart:......Tieguy, this must be your beef of the week????...lol

I think the difference is a little more pronounced then such. Conservatives don't necessarily claim their morals or principles are on a higher plane. They actually endorse the concept of trying to live by morals and principles. Where your typical liberal shies away from any such accountability. As a result when one of your liberals gets caught with his penis in the honey jar he tries to claim he did no wrong since he lives by a looser set of values. IE Bill Clinton.

wkmac

Be nice to see a commentary from CSM on the GOP's viciousness towards the Bill Clinton excapades and the relentless campaign to impeach him, run him out of town, ruin his career, and destroy his family.....and didn't you feel the love from the GOP for Sen Larry Craig the Mnpls restroom caper to repent and rejoin the beltway boys club....lol

As to CSM, I couldn't agree more. I too see a double standard if you will in this area.

tieguy

Banned
As to CSM, I couldn't agree more. I too see a double standard if you will in this area.

possibily. What conservatives should learn to do is to loudly pronounce that they will endeavor to violate every rule or law based on common decency. At that point liberals will now have to find something else to chase when not chasing a subordinate for gratification. :happy-very:

P

pickup

possibily. What conservatives should learn to do is to loudly pronounce that they will endeavor to violate every rule or law based on common decency. At that point liberals will now have to find something else to chase when not chasing a subordinate for gratification. :happy-very:

Is that the best you got ? Off the top of my head -Marc Foley. oh, yeah, check out this link : http://www.armchairsubversive.org/

tieguy

Banned
Is that the best you got ? Off the top of my head -Marc Foley. oh, yeah, check out this link : http://www.armchairsubversive.org/

there is no best I've got issue here. I'm simply stating a fact. In fact the irony on this issue is that the liberals try to proclaim the moral high ground by denying any morals or principles. They therefore think they have captured the high ground in ethics and morals by proclaiming they never violated their beliefs simply because they refused to stand behind any beliefs.

Clinton is the classic example. Clinton supporters don't believe he did anything wrong because they don't think its wrong to cheat on your wife or sexually harrass subordinates while at work.

UPS Lifer

IMO the media is to blame for the imbalance of perceived righteousness indignation. Hopefully we can all agree that the media is left of center. It only stands to reason that the nature of the coverage they give to a subject is colored by their stance. If they don't want a story to have "legs" they won't cover it or they will play it down.

The very nature of people who believe in the biased news coverage then believe what they are hearing and seeing on the news to be true.

I personally believe that if you took away the sensationalism that the news puts to these stories, you would find that people on the left or right would feel about equal when in comes to infidelity. Infidelity and those who subscribe to it are not liberal or conservative issues. Those issues are societal issues.

diesel96

I think the difference is a little more pronounced then such. Conservatives don't necessarily claim their morals or principles are on a higher plane. They actually endorse the concept of trying to live by morals and principles. Where your typical liberal shies away from any such accountability. As a result when one of your liberals gets caught with his penis in the honey jar he tries to claim he did no wrong since he lives by a looser set of values. IE Bill Clinton.

Here's where the problem lies.....by who's standards sets the guidelines of whats moral in our society as a whole ? ....American Evangelico Neo-conservatives?.....:rofl:

Are you kidding us ?....This last conservative administration blatently violated rules and laws of common decencey that is still buzzing thru the halls of the House and Senate for prosecution.....

wkmac

Are you kidding us ?....This last conservative administration blatently violated rules and laws of common decencey that is still buzzing thru the halls of the House and Senate for prosecution.....

No arguement there. I think if we were given the choice of Bush doing the dirty on the oval office rug or running deficits and running up debt, we'd all (or most of us who understand economics) would gladly choose the former. :happy-very:

HOWEVER (OMG HERE IT COMES AGAIN! :wink2:) let's not be to hasty in laying all the blame to one side. Recently there are assertions that the Bush adminstration's subsidiary......considering the definition let me rephrase. Cheney Inc., who's subsidiary was the Bush Adminstration :happy-very: has been alleged of running special CIA ops supposed to not have been shared with Congress. Now how far this turns out to be true will take time but republicans may have had more partners in crime than your post above may want to consider.

Jeremy Scahill in Huffington Post has written a piece about US gov't assassination schemes and seems from what he brings to life that this process was alive and well before Bush even announced he was running for President.

The Democrats Selective Amnesia on Assassination:Clinton Did It and Obama Does It Too.

Now I will say this. When this most recent story of secret CIA programs broke, many people remembered back to comments made in March by Seymour Hersh of such and then went running to Hersh for further comment. Hersh however had a bit different story so now the question is, was his version only different in that the command structure was Joint Chiefs and not CIA or is there something else there made new by Cheney and yet to be disclosed? Hard to say at this point but IMO it screams of the need for investigation.

I'm no fool to think any investigation will not be driven more out of political motivation than the seeking of truth but from my POV, this is like watching 2 neighborhood ganglords rip and tear one another apart and if the common decent folk have any luck, they'll expose and destroy one another so that the neighborhood folk can see them both for the low detestible creatures they are, come together, pick up the pieces and rebuild what was once a decent, honest and peaceful neighborhood.

:peaceful:

tourists24

Thats why I say do not commit and then go for the deathbed conversion.

At least that way a person won't live their whole life as a hypocrite, only at the very end :wink2:.
and what you define as a hypocrite is what christians call being human. Is it wrong to screw around on your spouse or not? Is there some reason non christians are exempt simply because they dont want to state what they believe is right or wrong?

I believe it was Jones (?) who said that when a politician does so just to get elected is when he jumps on the culprit. That's a good point. But not when it's a christian just because they believe in God and isnt afraid to state it. To me that simply means you are human and are going to fail at something you know you shouldnt do sometimes.

tourists24

Than would it be fair to say that most humans are hypocrites :wink2:?
Unless a person has an anything goes attitude, Id say "everyone" would by a hypocrite. Lie, cheat, steal, murder, hate, etc would all have to be ok in a person's eyes. Christians are just an easy target because they are unfairly held to a higher standard even though in a lot of cases, they believe in the same right and wrongs as non believers. Of course, it doesnt help when a person in a power position such as Swaggert and Baker (who should be held to a higher standard) act the way they do.