Missing the $0.12 COLA! When does it kick in?

xaero001

i'm a PT insider/Air-Cover Driver and in this weeks check I noticed the $0.425 raise but not the $0.12 COLA that I thought would be in there.... Any ideas why? Is Upstate NY not getting this?

xaero001

You sure? Full timers Voted on sched E with loss of Raises till next contract, Part timers voted on sched C to keep raises but move retirement to 63 or 65

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Either:
  • You're not seeing it on your pay because it's been diverted towards your benefits.
  • You're still in progression, and won't get it until you've completed progression.
  • It's a mistake.
Check your union bulletin board @ work for any relevant postings, or with your steward or union business agent/rep.

xaero001

I just double checked with the Local Sort shift I'm with when not air/cover driving and they also got the $0.425 but not $0.12.
Will have to check with steward but he never got the paperwork other stewards got about any sorta of a Cola.

xaero001

Nope my seniority date was Oct 12, 2007, I hit the old contract when the benefits were quick and my inside pay is based off that contract. Driver wise I didn't touch a package car till 2008 and am on the new contract Air/Cover Guidelines for that.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Nope my seniority date was Oct 12, 2007, I hit the old contract when the benefits were quick and my inside pay is based off that contract. Driver wise I didn't touch a package car till 2008 and am on the new contract Air/Cover Guidelines for that.

Well then, as I read the COLA language, you might get the $0.12 on or about Oct. 12, 2011 (assuming that the schedule C you referenced provides that it does go towards your pay, and not benefits) for your Local Sort work. Article 22.5 a & b are a masterpiece of contrived, confusing language.
The $0.12 should apply to your Air/Cover rates on the date you complete those progressions.

JonFrum

And to further confuse things, the inside part-time progression takes five years to complete (not four as just about everyone assumes from reading the deliberately misleading contract language.) So you would have to have a seniority date of July 31, 2006 or earlier to be eligible for the August 1, 2011 12-cent COLA.

brownrod

Last week my hourly wage was 30.83. On this weeks paycheck it is 31.62. Why did I get so much???? Hope it's not a mistake I have to pay back. A coworker told me he went up to 30.91 and that we voted our raise into pension... I'm confused.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Last week my hourly wage was 30.83. On this weeks paycheck it is 31.62. Why did I get so much???? Hope it's not a mistake I have to pay back. A coworker told me he went up to 30.91 and that we voted our raise into pension... I'm confused.
Shhhh!