Missing vacation check (advice please?)

CleverNameHere

Wow how the time doth fly... Looks like last time I posted on here over a year ago I hadn't even gone full-time yet. Well now I'm at the one year mark as a FT package car driver and that time has come for me to be eligible for vacation so I went ahead and took 2 in a row. So two weeks ago, along with my regular paycheck, I received one vacation check. And that was it. No big deal, figured I'd get one last week. Nope. center manager said basically since I had just hit one year, I might have only been eligible for one. He said he'd "Put in for it." So I just looked at UPSERS site and...NOPE again. Only one check for last week. I am about to call, my question is, if I don't get a check next week should I go ahead with a grievance. I've had issues with vacation checks every single year of my employment going back to PT days, and this year, the one I have most earned it, screwed again. I'm sick and tired of it. I have caught up on too many bills and will very much be in need of that 45 hour vac check. But, first, now that I've typed this out and calmed down a bit, I'll call the center and explain I didn't get a check again. My question, long story short lol, is what action should I take next if I don't get a check again next week. Thank you all in advance for any (productive) responses.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Wow how the time doth fly... Looks like last time I posted on here over a year ago I hadn't even gone full-time yet. Well now I'm at the one year mark as a FT package car driver and that time has come for me to be eligible for vacation so I went ahead and took 2 in a row. So two weeks ago, along with my regular paycheck, I received one vacation check. And that was it. No big deal, figured I'd get one last week. Nope. center manager said basically since I had just hit one year, I might have only been eligible for one. He said he'd "Put in for it." So I just looked at UPSERS site and...NOPE again. Only one check for last week. I am about to call, my question is, if I don't get a check next week should I go ahead with a grievance. I've had issues with vacation checks every single year of my employment going back to PT days, and this year, the one I have most earned it, screwed again. I'm sick and tired of it. I have caught up on too many bills and will very much be in need of that 45 hour vac check. But, first, now that I've typed this out and calmed down a bit, I'll call the center and explain I didn't get a check again. My question, long story short lol, is what action should I take next if I don't get a check again next week. Thank you all in advance for any (productive) responses.

How long have you worked here? If you've been here longer than 2 years, you should be entitled to your 2 weeks of vacation. Did you work all last year as a FT driver? If so, you are due your 2 weeks of vacation.

If you are legitimately being screwed out of one weeks vacation pay, then you should speak with your center sups ASAP. Tell them you need the money and to cut you a green check. You should be able to avoid filing a grievance, and have the matter fixed by just talking

CleverNameHere

Ok well here's the info requested from you guys...thanks. I have 13 years seniority, one year full time seniority as of 3-18-15. My paycheck shows: Vac 45.00-(? Yeah that's a minus don't know why) Option Day 0.00 Option Week 50.00. Haven't got to call center yet either.. ex-girlfriend called to annoy me. Lol. Thanks.

By The Book

Thank you that answer makes the most sense. I will still call to see if I will possibly get it next week. Thanks again.
Keep a log of your vacation taken., for future reference., and sick days, basically any days not at work but coded out as paid. Then keep track of days you don't get paid for. Do you get another week of vacation at 15 years?