Mitch McConnell: Obstructionist and Corporate Hack

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our new Senate Majority leader has been the main obstructionist in the GOP for years. When Obama was elected in 2008, McConnell famously declared that he would do everything possible to kill anything Obama proposed. Filibuster after filibuster, all to keep Obama from achieving anything (he's BLACK!!!), and placing the American economy in neutral...all so the Republicans could keep White America and Corporate America fat and happy. Not very patriotic if you ask me.

McConnell is a huge advocate of Big Coal...I wonder why that is? Could it be that someone from Kentucky is in the back pocket of the coal industry? Nah. Anyone see anything wrong with that?

On the ACA, the first thing McConnell did was openly declare he would kill it, and he promptly has doubled-down on all of the policies and rhetoric straight out of the Bush years. In other words, we need to return to the failed policies and backwards economic and social thinking that got us in to trouble in the first place. Let the "free market" decide. Right. How is a free market even possible when Corporate America controls the very market forces they declare to be a free, self-correcting force? Logically impossible, but that doesn't keep the Right from believing in the myth of the free market and spouting it's non-existent virtues.

Take coal for instance, the biggest pollution source on the planet, and a huge contributor to global warming. The "free market", should it decide that coal isn't a good idea,will be overruled by pro-coal policies from people like...Mitch McConnell.

He's a crook, too. But you already knew that.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Our new Senate Majority leader has been the main obstructionist in the GOP for years. When Obama was elected in 2008, McConnell famously declared that he would do everything possible to kill anything Obama proposed. Filibuster after filibuster, all to keep Obama from achieving anything (he's BLACK!!!), and placing the American economy in neutral...all so the Republicans could keep White America and Corporate America fat and happy. Not very patriotic if you ask me.

McConnell is a huge advocate of Big Coal...I wonder why that is? Could it be that someone from Kentucky is in the back pocket of the coal industry? Nah. Anyone see anything wrong with that?

On the ACA, the first thing McConnell did was openly declare he would kill it, and he promptly has doubled-down on all of the policies and rhetoric straight out of the Bush years. In other words, we need to return to the failed policies and backwards economic and social thinking that got us in to trouble in the first place. Let the "free market" decide. Right. How is a free market even possible when Corporate America controls the very market forces they declare to be a free, self-correcting force? Logically impossible, but that doesn't keep the Right from believing in the myth of the free market and spouting it's non-existent virtues.

Take coal for instance, the biggest pollution source on the planet, and a huge contributor to global warming. The "free market", should it decide that coal isn't a good idea,will be overruled by pro-coal policies from people like...Mitch McConnell.

If free market principles were in effect coal would be produced in greater amounts today than before Obama cut coal production.

542thruNthru

I don't know you...
But in my eyes if you have to bring skin color into it then you lost the argument from the beginning.

You're right everyone hates Obama because he is (black). Though I believe he was elected twice.

(White) America is trying to control us! Is that what you blame all your problems on?

Well I said my peace. Please keep walking around thinking you are some how not racist and everyone else is. I'm sure it makes you feel better about yourself.

Bottom rung

They're all crooks, it doesn't matter what color they are or what letter precedes their name. All of them should do two terms. One in office, the other in prison.

brett636

In other words, you disagree with him but are too lazy to debate his arguments.

I do disagree with him, but what is there to debate? Playing the racist angle pretty much makes him and his post irrelevant. This thread was really just started to get people riled up which is the text book definition of a troll. Since Mr.Fedex wants to act like a troll he should be labeled like one.

upschuck

Kentucky is a coal state, so I wouldn't expect anything less.

On the ACA, the first thing McConnell did was openly declare he would kill it.
I wish he would; why would a mandated policy go far beyond what most people get or need, and raise the cost of such policies. If they passed a bare bones policy that if you wanted more, then you'd pay for, I'd be more in favor of that, but insuring everything it does is ridiculous.

Take coal for instance, the biggest pollution source on the planet, and a huge contributor to global warming.
Coal, a huge factor, how does working for the 2nd highest contributor of CO gases. You don't mind, if you are making money from it?

In other words, you disagree with him but are too lazy to debate his arguments.
Everyone is an obstructionist if they don't align themselves with your positions.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The word "obstructionist" most describes Reid. He's like Newman in Seinfeld. He has taken all the 'mail' (bills from the house) and jammed them in a storage locker somewhere.....never to be voted on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Obama's Mother and Grandfather on the left:

Ann_Dunham_with_father_and_children.jpg

Sportello

If free market principles were in effect coal would be produced in greater amounts today than before Obama cut coal production.
I think you are making things up. Perhaps you don't understand 'free market principles' or coal production. Actually I think both apply.

realbrown1

I think you are making things up. Perhaps you don't understand 'free market principles' or coal production. Actually I think both apply.
The only one "MAKING THINGS UP" is you and your many fake names you come up with.

And it is clearly you who doesn't understand "free market principles", because it wasn't the "free market" that shut down the coal mines. It was governmental intervention that shut them down.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I do disagree with him, but what is there to debate? Playing the racist angle pretty much makes him and his post irrelevant. This thread was really just started to get people riled up which is the text book definition of a troll. Since Mr.Fedex wants to act like a troll he should be labeled like one.

Nah, I don't think so. A lot of the Right hates Obama because he's non-white, but they'd never come out and say it. I started this thread because I was accused of derailing another thread (BabaGounj) when I mentioned McConnell.

Notice how none of you have really addressed the essence of the post, which is the point that McConnell is nothing but an obstructionist tool that is wholly owned by Big Coal specifically, and Big Business in general.

Current Events really should be called "Right Wing World" because anyone who comes on here with an alternative opinion is quickly shouted down by the usual suspects, yourself included.

McConnell represents "hope and change" for Republicans, because they think that the DC gridlock will now end and that tons of Right Wing legislation will be passed.

Uh...no.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Free market principles apply, but only if the market is truly free. Ours isn't, so all of the rhetoric about "letting the free market work" is nonsense.

realbrown1

Free market principles apply, but only if the market is truly free. Ours isn't, so all of the rhetoric about "letting the free market work" is nonsense.
Face it, with a free market, we would have coal power. The blame lies with Obama for destroying all those jobs. Cost him and the Dems everything.

realbrown1

Nah, I don't think so. A lot of the Right hates Obama because he's non-white, but they'd never come out and say it. I started this thread because I was accused of derailing another thread (BabaGounj) when I mentioned McConnell.

Notice how none of you have really addressed the essence of the post, which is the point that McConnell is nothing but an obstructionist tool that is wholly owned by Big Coal specifically, and Big Business in general.

Current Events really should be called "Right Wing World" because anyone who comes on here with an alternative opinion is quickly shouted down by the usual suspects, yourself included.

McConnell represents "hope and change" for Republicans, because they think that the DC gridlock will now end and that tons of Right Wing legislation will be passed.

Uh...no.
Obama isn't non-white.
It really makes you look unintelligent when you post inaccurate information.

upschuck

And everybody would like his ideologies if he was white? I don't think so

He is an advocate for coal, because his state produces coal. How many congressmen and higher are not "owned" by someone?

Shot down? I thought DIDO wanted "arguments" about disagreements.

Sportello

The only one "MAKING THINGS UP" is you and your many fake names you come up with.

And it is clearly you who doesn't understand "free market principles", because it wasn't the "free market" that shut down the coal mines. It was governmental intervention that shut them down.
Silly brainwashed right-winger. I do want to thank you for sparking my interest in coal production facts in the US. I have come to the conclusion that you have no idea what you are talking about.

realbrown1

Yeah, screw the environment....we got cheap (dirty) power and (dead end) jobs.
We've had coal power for hundreds of years and we are still here.
Left alone, coal production would eventually fade away through the years as better, more substainsble energy sources are developed.
But that wasn't allowed to happen, because Obama and the Dems.