Mitt's really bad day

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I really enjoy how hard FOX news, RUSH limbaugh, Sean hannity and the entire right wing media machine are in damage control mode trying to help Mitt Romney today....its laughable at best.

Peace

TOS

Inthegame

Sometimes the truth does not pay
The ten lowest per capita states presumably with more of Romneys 47% deadbeats are red states. The ten highest per capita (sans Alaska), with more income tax payers, are blue states. What were you saying about "truth"? ABO??? Oh I get it...you're being Hoaxster again.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The ten lowest per capita states presumably with more of Romneys 47% deadbeats are red states. The ten highest per capita (sans Alaska), with more income tax payers, are blue states. What were you saying about "truth"? ABO??? Oh I get it...you're being Hoaxster again.

What Romney said was that people who are dependent on government handouts (not Soc Sec or Medicare) and believe in a nanny state are not going to vote for him.

That was the "truth" I was talking about.

Notice the bolded people - that means that Corporations and businesses who get handouts from the government, will vote for Romney.

PS-You're not in the game so stay off the playing field. :wink2:
I hate it when I have to explain the obvious to people.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sometimes the truth does not pay

When I got home read what he actually said from the speech transcripts and it really is the truth.
The media was making up stuff about what he said.
Maybe not politically correct but still the truth.

If Romney gets some balls and plays this right, he could actually pickup some votes.
The people who are offended by what he said were not going to vote for him anyway.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I saw nothing wrong, it is true. Take away the people have worked and paid into the benefits they deserved, and the truly needy, therein lies what he was talking about. Twist it turn it, manipulate it any way you like. The people who are one issue voters, as in its all about me, will vote for Obama. The people who do not want to be punished for making money, and succeeding wil not.
I respect my brothers and sisters who work hard, and have decided to go for Obama. I will never understand why, as he is not for the working people, but I respect your educated decision. You should do the same.
Its the people who only vote for him because he is black, and only vote for him because all their life they have voted democrat. Or only vote because someone told them who to vote for.

bbsam

Staff member
What Romney said was that people who are dependent on government handouts (not Soc Sec or Medicare) and believe in a nanny state are not going to vote for him.

That was the "truth" I was talking about.

Notice the bolded people - that means that Corporations and businesses who get handouts from the government, will vote for Romney.

PS-You're not in the game so stay off the playing field. :wink2:
I hate it when I have to explain the obvious to people.
Bill Kristol called it arrogant and stupid. Welcome to the Eomney party.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Bill Kristol called it arrogant and stupid. Welcome to the Eomney party.

Arrogant - yes, just like Obama

Stupid - in a political way yes.
In calling it like it really is - Dead On! That was my first comment in this thread.
Sometimes, especially on politics, it does not pay to speak the truth.

Romney should own up to his statement and embrace it. It is the truth and possibly the best thing he has said so far. This might get the base fired up.

It is refreshing to hear a politician stand up and speak the truth- even if it is politically stupid.

This is the first time I have warmed up to Romney and if he and his handlers are smart, they will recognize that and leverage this angle.

bbsam

Staff member
Obama and team will not let Romney not own his statement. Soon the 47% number will have faces attached. They don't even know it yet. They see their payroll taxes out every week. They pay sales taxes. But its not good enough for a republican multi billionaire. Yeah. Romney is going to own this one way or another.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Obama and team will not let Romney not own his statement. Soon the 47% number will have faces attached. They don't even know it yet. They see their payroll taxes out every week. They pay sales taxes. But its not good enough for a republican multi billionaire. Yeah. Romney is going to own this one way or another.

You wanted the truth and now you got it.
apparently ...You can't handle the truth!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Obama has "Forward"---perhaps Romney should use "Straight Forward (Talk)".

bbsam, how can you say that what Romney said was not 100% true??

What Romney said was absolutely not true. I guess everyone you know who is disabled, sick, or on Social Security or Medicare is a "leach on society". The tape proves that Romney is a plutocrat only interested in his fellow rich aristocrats.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member

Because it isn't. Are all VA recipients Obama supporters? What about all student loan recipients or pell grant recipients? Farmers? Yep all on the dole. All of them getting handouts but not all Obama voters. Time magazine had an interesting article on that. Do you ave any idea how much of your income tax paying liife is subsidized by the federal government? From the electricity powering your laptop to you tax deduction for the interest on your home loan. You want it to be the welfare queens, but it is deeper than that. So that element of truth that Romney speaks goes only far enough to stoke his own class warfare and not far enough to tell the 100% truth. Seems there are some who can't handle the truth.

M

MenInBrown

Is about to get worse.

Will The Real Mitt Romney Please Stand Up (feat. Eminem) - YouTube

Alienates senior citizens, parents of disabled persons and soldiers in combat zones, let alone people working and paying more taxes than he does, and to put icing on the cake he guarantees a Mideast war of biblical proportions. Something for everyone, at least he knows his crowd.

If you are on this wesite, you did not pay more taxes that mitt romney.facts are facts. The top marginal tax rate is 35% and im sure you didnt pay that...capital gains annd dividends tax that you are talking about is the same for every american. Its just up to you to invest your money and take the risk. Its kept low to stimulate investments and growth of which everyone reeps the benefits. Every american pays less dividend tax than the top marginal tax rate...so I guess that makes all of us including you, EVIL!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MenInBrown

What he said is absolutely true...Why would Romney worry about trying to convince 47%, hey Im the guy that will lower taxes, when those 47% dont pay taxes???

bbsam

Staff member
What he said is absolutely true...Why would Romney worry about trying to convince 47%, hey Im the guy that will lower taxes, when those 47% dont pay taxes???

So you think the 47% that Obama is polling right now is just all those non tax paying scumbags?