MLB - NFL - NBA Union and Agents

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by wgf46, Mar 29, 2013.

1. wgf46

wgf46 Member

Maybe we need to see how we could get our Union and BA to negotiate for us like Professional Athletes are negotiated contracts !!! None of them losing money or benefits, with Profits no where near those of UPS !!!

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

They are more like public unions. No
    Competition.

3. wgf46

wgf46 Member

If Tony Romo can get a deal like that, a UPS employee should not have to settle for less benefits and wages when UPS is still settling record profits !!!

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Romo is in the process of restructuring his contract.

5. Necropostophiliac

Necropostophiliac Well-Known Member

I do Not DIS the Cowboys, but as one Not a fan of them, it is great they retain him (Romo) as their QB..........

Like Philly with McNabb and Vick, it will keep all of them from being a threat to my favorite NFC team.

6. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

Tony Romo is a croker.

7. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

And a Choker....and Maybe , a midnight toker...

8. Necropostophiliac

Necropostophiliac Well-Known Member

Imagine a necro bringing up the past...........

Older QBs, that teams feared, not in a prticular order:

Marino
    The younger Peyton Manning before age and injuries. Not that he is done, but what a fearful QB he
    was for an opposing defence years ago.
    Montana
    Staubach
    Bradshaw
    Elway
    Steve Young
    and gag got to give it to him, the younger Brady.

9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Professional athletes are payed well because of a unique skill not many possess. Loading or delivering boxes is not much of a skill.

10. wgf46

wgf46 Member

Strength in numbers, Teamsters have the numbers and strengths that UPS needs to profit $4,000,000,000 + in 12 months after the bills are paid. Oh my, if they only made $3,900,000,000 next year because Health costs went up, I guess they'd survive. I feel we as Union Members are skilled and a special group, don't sell yourself short. We battle a lot and should be compensated accordingly for keeping UPS strong in a down economy. I'd have some compassion if UPS was tetering on running in the red, but they are NOT !!!!

11. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Bingo! You nailed it.