MLK Day

You get to honor Dr. King by working along side your co-workers of all races and religions equally for whatever your guaranteed minimum hours are.

brownelf

the contract demands meetings will be scheduled soon in most areas, if you feel strongly about this or any other issue that affects you that is the time to address them. Personnally I'd prefer an additional option day rather than any additional scheduled holiday. It would give me the option to observe whatever holiday that was important to me.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The Supes handed out a sheet with all of our business stops listed and wanted us to indicate which are closed for MLK day. I wrote "Really?" on it in big letters and handed it back. This might be a holiday in NY or DC but not small town WI. Sadly they will still cut areas as if it were a holiday.

For what the man did for civil rights. He knew he would be a target and die and he stood up to the man looked him in the eye and said I'm still here. He is a great honorary Teamster and a friend of Jesus. There isn't many men who had the stones that he had. A lot of people who are a little racist or full blow racist question this holiday but what they fail to recognize amongst other things is the fact that if we didn't have people with guts like him we would all be second class eventually. Great American

gostillerz

For what the man did for civil rights. He knew he would be a target and die and he stood up to the man looked him in the eye and said I'm still here. He is a great honorary Teamster and a friend of Jesus. There isn't many men who had the stones that he had. A lot of people who are a little racist or full blow racist question this holiday but what they fail to recognize amongst other things is the fact that if we didn't have people with guts like him we would all be second class eventually. Great American

He was a good guy, and he believed in God.

I don't understand that if I disagree with making MLK's birthday a national holiday, I'm a "little or full blown" racist. Clarify that please?