Mock Keter Audit

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I could not give any less of a damn. Just saying :)

Oh, and Please don't ask me why do I not give a damn, or why I would post something like this.

Thanks

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Over the years I have seen many inspections being done by company officials without any bargaining unit members accompanying them.

What are your thoughts, opinions and experience about this issue?

Sincerely.
I

Have you ever asked to be a part of it ?

Or, did you need someone else.... to do it for you ?

Oh you don't know integrity? He only asks questions. Never answers them.

What was I thinking....

-Bug-

Integrity

Binge Poster
Safety committee is code for "I'll take a no pay and hold a clipboard."
Jackburton,

Safety Committees are a critical part of the National Master Agreement between the Teamsters and UPS.

It is no joking matter and any rank and file member that allows it to be one or become one is not doing what is in the best interest of the fellow union brothers and sisters.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Safety committee is code for "I'll take a no pay and hold a clipboard."
Jackburton,

Safety Committees are a critical part of the National Master Agreement between the Teamsters and UPS.

It is no joking matter and any rank and file member that allows it to be one or become one is not doing what is in the best interest of the fellow union brothers and sisters.

Sincerely,
Iis
I know of a co chair who has participated in real Keter audits.

Like the rest of hourly, CHSP members are drilled on DOK, plus are asked additional questions. Most prefer to answer the questions and then get the heck out of sight, so they won't be asked more questions that they might not know the answer to.
No matter if you are CHSP or not, flying low on the radar is always a good idea.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.
Rainman,

Participating and accompanying the company on the inspection different.

Please elaborate on what you mean by participate.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I know of a co chair who has participated in real Keter audits.

Like the rest of hourly, CHSP members are drilled on DOK, plus are asked additional questions. Most prefer to answer the questions and then get the heck out of sight, so they won't be asked more questions that they might not know the answer to.
No matter if you are CHSP or not, flying low on the radar is always a good idea.

Rainman,

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Not to upset you but of all places to look for accountability and you go Keter audit? I would recommend you getting onto a safety committee. If your on one usually the union co chair is chosen for that. I'm really curious as to what's really bothering you. Is it the agenda?, or things getting overlooked that you feel are unsafe?
By The Book,

I am not sure what you are talking about.?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
I've never seen members accompanying them. It is usually some head honcho and anytime these tours come in, it seems all the bargaining members have mysteriously vanished like UPS is ashamed of us.
scooby0048,

They should. According to the Collective Bargaining Agreement at least.

Sincerely,
I

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

This post is about the Inspections that are commonly referred to as Mock Keter Audits. They are usually done by company safety and health professionals.

The Teamster National Master United Parcel Service Agreement states in Article 18 Section 20.4 that the 4th listed function of the collectively bargained Union Employee Safety Committee is as follows:

4. Accompanying governmental, union, and/or Company health and safety professionals on facility inspection tours. The Employer may limit the number of bargaining unit members of the committee accompanying such an inspection tour.

In my area I have never seen any bargaining unit members accompanying these inspection tours.

Have you?

Over the years I have seen many inspections being done by company officials without any bargaining unit members accompanying them.

I wonder why, in my area at least, has the Employee Safety Committee completely neglected this critical duty to observe these inspection tours as stated in the agreement.

What are your thoughts, opinions and experience about this issue?

Sincerely.
I
The safety committees are a joke. The only reason UPS allows them, and Keter, is to keep OSHA off their backs. At one time UPS was OSHA's biggest customer. They averaged paying over a million dollars a day in fines.

OSHA was actually getting ready to shut some centers, hubs down due to safety violations. UPS had 1 choice. Let the centers, hubs get shut down or agree to an outside agency monitoring the Health and Safety Process at UPS. UPS had to show improvement and this is why the DOK and safety committees came about.

The safety committees are a joke to UPS, it keeps OSHA off their backs. They tell OSHA all about these safety committees they have in all of their buildings and about all the good they are doing in the name of safety.

Keter and their audits are another story. UPS hates paying them and hates the control Keter has over them, but put up with them to keep OSHA off their backs. The Keter audits are serious to UPS. A failed Keter audit can be referred to OSHA, and, if warranted, OSHA can shut the place down.

Last year a center in Florida miserably failed their Keter audit. They came very close to being shut down. They were given another chance to pass the Keter audit. If they failed the second time, OSHA was shutting the place down.

There are members of some safety committees that are serious in what they do, but they are a joke to UPS because they have to put up with them. Not all bad, some safety issues do get addressed and fixed, if it does not cost UPS much money. But Keter is the real deal that can shut a place down, and UPS hates it.

Rainman

Its all good.
Jackburton,

Sincerely,
Iis
Rainman,

Sincerely,
I
The driver would accompany the auditors on the physical inspection, find missing paperwork, help go through the books during the audit when requested, he asked a lot of questions and used the answers to become more knowledgable about the process, and after the audit would take what he learned to improve things on his center. He also passed along what he learned to anyone who wanted to learn. He was involved in the Safety committee before there was a CHSP process and was the leader of the safety culture in my building for many years before stepping aside.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
ChickenLegs,

Please elaborate.

Sincerely,
I

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1408052188.331494.jpg

Sent using a Potato

FEGuy

The safety committees are a joke. The only reason UPS allows them, and Keter, is to keep OSHA off their backs. At one time UPS was OSHA's biggest customer. They averaged paying over a million dollars a day in fines.

OSHA was actually getting ready to shut some centers, hubs down due to safety violations. UPS had 1 choice. Let the centers, hubs get shut down or agree to an outside agency monitoring the Health and Safety Process at UPS. UPS had to show improvement and this is why the DOK and safety committees came about.

The safety committees are a joke to UPS, it keeps OSHA off their backs. They tell OSHA all about these safety committees they have in all of their buildings and about all the good they are doing in the name of safety.

Keter and their audits are another story. UPS hates paying them and hates the control Keter has over them, but put up with them to keep OSHA off their backs. The Keter audits are serious to UPS. A failed Keter audit can be referred to OSHA, and, if warranted, OSHA can shut the place down.

Last year a center in Florida miserably failed their Keter audit. They came very close to being shut down. They were given another chance to pass the Keter audit. If they failed the second time, OSHA was shutting the place down.

There are members of some safety committees that are serious in what they do, but they are a joke to UPS because they have to put up with them. Not all bad, some safety issues do get addressed and fixed, if it does not cost UPS much money. But Keter is the real deal that can shut a place down, and UPS hates it.

FEGuy

BS.
Keter is a third party vendor that is hired and paid by UPS. They have NO power or authority over UPS, in any way. Keter doesn't and cannot "shut down" anything. NOTHING Keter audits or finds gets reported to OSHA.
Their findings on audits are reported to UPS, and UPS only.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have had a couple of Keter audits and the 'pretend' Keter audits are an annual thing at my building. I have never seen an hourly accompany anyone.