Moderation

Brown Cafe is:

• Over-moderated. Moderators edit everything!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Under-moderated. Moderators don't do enough!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Brown Cafe has Moderators?

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • The Moderators are awesome (and good looking too!)

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
How do you feel Brown Cafe is moderated? Too much? Not enough?

You can choose more than one answer, but only the top two count.

unionman

Moderation is the process of eliminating or lessening extremes. It is used to ensure normality throughout the medium on which it is being conducted

P

pickup

There should be one thread where we can let it fly with no moderation. I would be curious as to how that thread would end up looking.

moreluck

golden ticket member
like this......^%$#&(*^$^&(^#%*))&.......because that's how we are used to typing the bad words. Hard to break a habit!

rod

Retired 22 years
It seems to depend on what side of the bed the mods get up on. Some posts I would bet money on being censored get through while others that aren't bad at all get booted. I hate to say it but it seems to depend on who you are or who is complaining about a post. Kind of like life in general.:dissapointed:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In a way, I agree with Rod. I don't think it is overly or underly moderated. I think it is humanly moderated. Meaning no one is perfect. Mods have good days and bad days. Posters have good days and bad days.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It seems to depend on what side of the bed the mods get up on. Some posts I would bet money on being censored get through while others that aren't bad at all get booted. I hate to say it but it seems to depend on who you are or who is complaining about a post. Kind of like life in general.:dissapointed:
This is a really big factor. If no one complains there is a pretty good chance a post will be never noticed.

I wish I could vote. :sad-little:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think the best form of moderating is self-moderating. It has been noted that the overall quality of posts here has gone down in recent weeks. There are those threads that I do not bother with for this reason.

I have no problem with spirited discussion.

I do have a problem with profanity. Profanity reflects a limited vocabulary.

over9five

Staff member
I think the best form of moderating is self-moderating. It has been noted that the overall quality of posts here has gone down in recent weeks. There are those threads that I do not bother with for this reason.

I have no problem with spirited discussion.

I do have a problem with profanity. Profanity reflects a limited vocabulary.

I agree, and I don't even like when people try to get by the filters, like using "friend' followed by &^%$.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I think the best form of moderating is self-moderating."

Let's put substitutions into that premise...."I think the best form of
satisfying is self-satisfying." Yep, it works as a good general rule base.

rod

Retired 22 years
This is a really big factor. If no one complains there is a pretty good chance a post will be never noticed.

I wish I could vote. :sad-little:

So to all you that whine to the moderators about a post that offends you-- just move on. You sound like a little 3rd grader when you go crying to the mods that Johnny said a bad word. No one likes a tattle tale. Go to a post you can get into like "where can I get UPS socks?". There are enough mods to take necessary action--- if needed.:peaceful: