Moderation

Brown Cafe is:

• Over-moderated. Moderators edit everything!

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Under-moderated. Moderators don't do enough!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Brown Cafe has Moderators?

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • The Moderators are awesome (and good looking too!)

Votes: 22 62.9%

• Total voters
P

pickup

In a way, I agree with Rod. I don't think it is overly or underly moderated. I think it is humanly moderated. Meaning no one is perfect. Mods have good days and bad days. Posters have good days and bad days.

As someone said in another thread titled "thief" , when you pay peanuts you get monkeys. The peanuts he referred to was $8.50 an hour. In the case of our sometimes overwhelmed moderators, when you pay nothing, you get .............?:surprised:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hoax,

flint ?
flick ?
fount ?
Flush ?
focus ?
flyer ?
flute ?
foggy ?
foible ?
foist ?
folio ?

OK, I think it's FOCUS !! Sounds dirty to me!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Our moderators are the heart and soul of this website. They are the frontline hosts here and their efforts have a tremendous influence on this community and its atmosphere.

In addition to making this a more interesting and welcoming place to be the moderators get to remove of all of the unpleasant stuff that gets reported by other members of the community. In return for their efforts they sometimes face accusations that they are being biased, manipulative or involved in some kind of conspiracy simply because they took action when another member reported something or because they didn't act on something that they never saw and no one else bothered to report...

This forum can be tough to moderate and in my opinion they do a great job.

The mods only goal is to help people and make this forum better. Instead of making snarky remarks about their performance you should be thanking them for keeping this community up and running.

If I could vote in this poll I'd vote for: The Moderators are awesome (and good looking too!)

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Our moderators are the heart and soul of this website. They are the frontline hosts here and their efforts have a tremendous influence on this community and its atmosphere.

In addition to making this a more interesting and welcoming place to be the moderators get to remove of all of the unpleasant stuff that gets reported by other members of the community. In return for their efforts they sometimes face accusations that they are being biased, manipulative or involved in some kind of conspiracy simply because they took action when another member reported something or because they didn't act on something that they never saw and no one else bothered to report...

The mods only goal is to help people and make this forum better. Instead of making snarky remarks about their performance you should be thanking them for keeping this community up and running.

If I could vote in this poll I'd vote for: The Moderators are awesome (and good looking too!)
Thanks Cheryl ... looking for that 10% increase in salary this year!

satellitedriver

Well, it looks like at least five mods voted anyways, and they selected the fourth choice.
I voted for the first choice, for two reasons.

1. My wife thinks I spend too much time reading posts.
-( she lovingly calls me a Hall Monitor)-

2. I always tend to side with the underdog.

Every member of BC is a moderator, if they choose to be.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I voted for the first choice, for two reasons.

1. My wife thinks I spend too much time reading posts.
-( she lovingly calls me a Hall Monitor)-

2. I always tend to side with the underdog.

Every member of BC is a moderator, if they choose to be.
And I am greatful for that Sat. :happy-very: Thank you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Are you kidding me?

satellitedriver

Are you kidding me?

Man O' man these mod's are a weird bunch.

wolfman1.JPG

rod

Retired 22 years
Mr. Magoo- Caveman- space alien- eye ball-----------------these are the ones judging us normal people? :surprised: