Moderator staff changes and upcoming website changes.

moreluck

golden ticket member
BigMan-Oakland1968.jpg

Ever hear of the "gray panthers" ??

trickpony1

i actually reported the Ebonics post as I think it was racial which has no place on this forum. It's still up which leads me to believe that raciest remarks are ok on this forum now.

.....like.......

I reported the ebonics comment in a PM to a moderator.
The last time I questioned a mod publicly on the forum, I was given a scarlet letter "BC" on my forehead and was placed in cue for a length of time.
It seemed to me that he just couldn't wait to slip in something racial on a thread immediately after becoming a mod.

moreluck

golden ticket member
IMO....mods should be neutral. All mods should be Switzerland. This is why I never wanted to be one.........I'm opinionated and I would explode if I held it all inside.

over9five

Staff member
.....like.......

I reported the ebonics comment in a PM to a moderator.
The last time I questioned a mod publicly on the forum, I was given a scarlet letter "BC" on my forehead and was placed in cue for a length of time.
It seemed to me that he just couldn't wait to slip in something racial on a thread immediately after becoming a mod.
Uh oh....See ya when you get out of the queu, Trick!

Also, you're a TWO TIME OFFENDER now. [-]We[/-] errrr.. They.. are gonna slap you twice as hard this time!

moreluck

golden ticket member
How come ebonics is considered racist, but saying they talk pigeon-english in Hawaii is AOK ??
I understand swear words are a no-no, but there are too many "egg shells" IMO.

Politically, over the past few years, the race card is thrown all the time and us 'whities' became afraid to say anything. Talk needs to be like around the water cooler at work....only minus the cuss words.

Opinions can be exchanged......it's not racist to disagree.........at least it wasn't 5 years ago.

trickpony1

I'm sorry, I tried to use smaller words....which part didn't you understand?

You must've not read the same post as I did in which he mentions ebonics and another person's wife.
No where in the post did I see anything about interracial sex.
I don't have a problem with big words, you may though.......

over9five

Staff member
You must've not read the same post as I did in which he mentions ebonics and another person's wife.

​Good point. I think I've even heard Upstate say we shouldn't comment on family members.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I gave you my interpretation and apologize for the "big words" thing---force of habit.

How did you interpret bbsam's post re: Hoax's wife?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sure as heck ain't me. I've moderated on other forums before and a picnic it's not. Have fun!

Since bbsam, upstate and one trick pony are referring to my post and my wife.

I did not see anything racial in the term ebonics.

Secondly, I used the term conjugating which is grammatical and language term to which ebonics is a complementary and witty reply.

Thirdly, I used conjugating as an obvious (to most) quasi-homonym to consummating or copulating.

The complaints, in my opinion, are disingenuous and are simply a reaction towards a presumed authority figure.

Since bbsam, upstate and one trick pony are referring to my post and my wife.

I did not see anything racial in the term ebonics.

Secondly, I used the term conjugating which is grammatical and language term to which ebonics is a complementary and witty reply.

Thirdly, I used conjugating as an obvious (to most) quasi-homonym to consummating or copulating.

The complaints, in my opinion, are disingenuous and are simply a reaction towards a presumed authority figure.

MAY I have my Gumby costume back?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
i actually reported the Ebonics post as I think it was racial which has no place on this forum. It's still up which leads me to believe that raciest remarks are ok on this forum now.

Your opinion, as usual, is not shared by the moderators.
We simply laugh at 90% plus of your reported "TOS violations".
In most cases it is observed that many of your posts are more egregious than the posts you report.

This is a disingenuous "report" and the fact is that all 14 moderator replies to your report of the "ebonics" post do not support this specious accusation.