Moderators

705red

Browncafe Steward
I would like to thank them for what they do. Last night we had a member who went nuts, in about a minute or two he/she started a dozen or so posts personally attacking one of our favorites!

Tooner and cheryl were deleting them faster than i could reply to them.

Great job ladies and gents you catch alot of heat from us when we are upset and out of our minds a little for doing your job.

Im sure some of you saw what im talking about but most of you didnt and thats because of the great job they are doing!

browniehound

I 2nd that. Their efforts don't go unnoticed by me.

Its a thank-less job I'm sure so I'll say thanks to Cheryl, Tooner, Scratch, and Chan. I apologize if I left anyone out.

I`ve always appreciated how they are tolerant of those who might have a slight screw loose.:innocent:

Also how they keep the language clean and dont allow words like,:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:,:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:,etc.

myback

if your working friend/t at ups and have a family how do u have time to moderate the hundreds of incoming stuff?

DeputyDip

Backwoods Hillbilly
Dude, the package handler job is just a 'front'. You know, to get the 'inside connection'. Don't you ever see those guys at the end of the belt with their laptops?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
if your working friend/t at ups and have a family how do u have time to moderate the hundreds of incoming stuff?

We don't moderate hundreds of incoming stuff! I will let you in on a dirty, little secret. Most of you behave yourself! Myself and the other Mods do about the same thing most of you do, we just read threads that are of interest to us. We just try to help Cheryl a little bit and keep an eye on what we read. There are some Forums I seldom look at, I am not in that field or area of UPS or I don't really have anything of value to add to the discussion. When I log on, I do look to see if there are any "unregistered guests" whose posts have to read before they are approved. And we do look at the bad posts that you report and try to deal with those. Most of the time, one of the other mods have already done that. Once in a while, we might move a thread to a more appropriate forum. What happened Thursday night with someone getting banned seldom happens.

As far as family time? My two sons are grown and off to college. My wife does get a little mad at me if I am not paying her attention when she wants it. I have discovered over the last twenty-five years that she likes for me to listen to her some reason. Often times, I am multi-tasking. I will be in the recliner watching TV and surfing on my notebook at the same time. I don't "Log Out" off this site, so it looks like I am online here more than I actually am.

rod

Retired 22 years
I heard they do it for the pay and free trips to Tahiti. And all the free pieces of old airplanes they want.:wink2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Our moderators have had a tremendous influence over the way this community has evolved. I agree with you, they do a great job.

The mission of this forum is to provide a venue for UPSers from all situations, job descriptions and locations to communicate. Without the moderators this forum would eventually become a troll hole full of spam where nothing could be discussed without disruption.

Here's to the moderators!

:cheers:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks, I know we all appreciate the appreciation.
To the one who asks how we have time, its set up so it doesnt take alot of time, Im checking in while Im going throught photos, email, news or ebay. It just so happens that usually someone is on. If its a mediocre violation, I usually just delete it. Then when they check back the are usually smart enough to realize they were out of bounds. And I usually go from that to warning, by a pm, and then I just delete, and if it continues, throw them out for good. I dont know if that is the correct way, but Ive never given an infraction. One thing we dont do is babysit. When someone goes off like that, there is no need to counsel, they need to be gone. We cant find out what the problem is, not like we really know them or anything. I never did see how he was provoked. So I think somewhere someone snapped that night.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
My Kudos to the "mods" also!! It's a great place to be here and I'm glad there are those of you that help keep it clean and toss out the "garbage" when need be. thanks!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I, also, would like to add my sicere appreciation and gratitude to the MODS and Cheryl as well. Without all their efforts we would have utter chaos or no site at all. Thank you, D.

over9five

Staff member
The moderators here are horrible people. They have been known to do a good job, but they HAVE moderated ME before!!! What's with that??? Everyone knows I am the most honest, level headed, intelligent, nicest, smartest, handsomest, and MODEST person on BrownCafe.