Moment of silence 9/11 PCM?

satellitedriver

I believe that "The Lord's Prayer" is as much recognition of what God has already done as it is requesting the day's grace.
"And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us."
Sorry,
I do not have the capacity to forget, or forgive.
I will say a silent prayer tomorrow for all the fallen, and a special prayer for the valiant few who are still in harms way.
You have the right to "believe" anyway you wish.

America was attacked.
Innocent lives were forfeited.
We mourn as a nation.
Your smarmy, contrite attitude is only shared by you, and is highly disrespectful to the thousands of people that lost loved ones and friends.

Necropostophiliac

I haved started this day in thought and refection of 9/11 and a little sad.

After reading this thread start to #40, now I am even more sad.

I am glad where I work, the church I attend, the people I associate with that there
would be no open dissent, when someone says let us have a moment of silence
for 9/11.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Probably. But when told to "shut up and be respectful", it's probably not gonna happen.

There was a member on here who told me to "shut up". My response to her was less than respectful. I am a grown man and no one is going to tell me to "shut up".

That being said, would it kill you to stand there for a second in silence? I don't care whether you reflect on the day or on how badly the Ravens beat the Bengals last night---just stand there. This would be the respectful thing to do. Dave.

menotyou

bella amicizia
There was a member on here who told me to "shut up". My response to her was less than respectful. I am a grown man and no one is going to tell me to "shut up".

That being said, would it kill you to stand there for a second in silence? I don't care whether you reflect on the day or on how badly the Ravens beat the Bengals last night---just stand there. This would be the respectful thing to do. Dave.
You went a lot further than that. Granted, I was wrong, but you were a lot more than 'less than respectful'.

bbsam

Staff member

Wouldn't hurt at all. This is all blown way out of proportion. Posts 7 and 10 sum up my feelings on the subject. All else is tangental.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What strikes me as ironic, and I don't think irony is why, bbsam makes this hypothetical stand while sporting a cancer awareness ribbon as his avatar?

bbsam

Staff member
You find that ironic? I don't see why. I am speaking in the abstract. If you make a request, many responses are possible. If only the desired response is acceptable, then in essence you have made a demand. Are you in a position to make the demand, to require what is requested?

menotyou

bella amicizia
I see the moment of silence as, not only, remembering the ones who died in those horrific attacks, but respecting and honoring the poor souls who are currently fighting this insane war and the poor souls who gave the lives for this insane war.
Lets not forget Flight 93, either. Those people are just one shining examples of what true heroes are.

That's just my opinion.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What strikes me as ironic, and I don't think irony is why, bbsam makes this hypothetical stand while sporting a cancer awareness ribbon as his avatar?

I don't think bbsam is a cancer but this is a good example of someone misspeaking (screwing up) and then digging their heels in which only makes it worse.
It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.

My only regret is that it was bbsam rather than TOS. :wink2:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You find that ironic? I don't see why. I am speaking in the abstract. If you make a request, many responses are possible. If only the desired response is acceptable, then in essence you have made a demand. Are you in a position to make the demand, to require what is requested?

Let me paraphrase that for you, "Can you tell me what the meaning of "is" is?