Monday 28th

Drink Craft Beer

Same situation at my hub every year. Pre-loaders givin' the option to work Monday, start at 6am but hours only. Guarantee of 3 and half hours does not apply. Think they need 8 workers total and say there's about (give or take) 2hrs worth of work. I chose not to....much rather have the 4 day weekend.

Tues. start time is 5:20am and then 3:00am, Wed.

Same situation at my hub every year. Pre-loaders givin' the option to work Monday, start at 6am but hours only. Guarantee of 3 and half hours does not apply. Think they need 8 workers total and say there's about (give or take) 2hrs worth of work. I chose not to....much rather have the 4 day weekend.

Tues. start time is 5:20am and then 3:00am, Wed.
S* contact language.

Drink Craft Beer

Are you implying that there's language in the contract that states (as a pre-loader) if I'm asked / givin' the option to come in....I'm guaranteed 3 and half hours of pay in a situation like this?

upschuck

I think your being literal, which you may not have a problem requesting your 8. There are plenty of guys who after going with the flow now are afraid to speak up because it's expected from them the next time.
Here, they generally have on the signup sheet if you want your 8 or not. If you want if, you initial it, if not you don't. How can a sheet intimidate you?

AKCoverMan

Where does the volume come from though? I mean we have volume from closed businesses sitting in the yard. But other than that what else?
Stuff still in the pipeline, either delayed along the way or shipped or ordered too late to get here by the 24th.

S

selfcancelsignal

They're thinking 20 drivers out of our center. Probably should be more with CLH & all the EC's we had on 12-23 + overlap & new EC's on Christmas Eve due to weather.