Monday Off??

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Just wondering how many took today off? Scheduled off? Laid Off? Called in?

I was asked Thursday if I wanted today off and of course jumped on it. I hate this week. Always try to cut as many routes as possible and always ends up being a nitemare!! I am happy on the couch with my daughters new Snuggie watching TV and pretty much doing nothing!! Already got a couple phone calls from members wanting to know if they had to go in if they were scheduled off and UPS calls them to come in early!! LOL, Always happens. :peaceful:

I signed up for scheduled off days and have been off since last Tuesday until next Monday. One of the benefits of feeder is our peak ends earlier than package.

curiousbrain

Scheduled off. The routine today consists of going outside, shoveling snow, coming back inside for a little while, then going back outside.

While my own feelings towards snow are mixed (I love snow until it has to be moved), I know of one creature who, while not entirely sure what snow is, loves it - my dog. He goes outside, looks around, and I get the feeling he is asking himself "Where did the yard go?" He then proceeds to try and smell the snow, which I don't need to tell you ends badly - in retaliation, he eats some of it. It's good stuff.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Took the day off. My center ran a skeleton crew and had a list posted Friday of who would have to work (forced from the bottom up), no one else had to come in unless they wanted to work.

UPSGUY72

me too. I wonder how many centers closed today due to the snow up the east coast.

I got a call 1 day layoff do to Emergency conditions they probably closed the center they only had about half the routes scheduled to start. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I worked today. I went in expecting the worst and was pleasantly surprised. 30 stops and was told to make a sweep through my pickup stops. Started at 0900 and punched out at 1230. Code 5.

Re-Raise

Home taking lunch right now. Started at 730 a.m and loaded our own trucks. I have 2 delivery stops left and about 15 pickups that I am starting at 2 p.m.

We cut about half of the routes we ran last week but it has been a super easy day. I have seen a lot of years when they tried to cut more routes so I was expecting worse.

outta hours

Started at 02:00 two air trailers and 1 ground trailer off by 10:30. same schedule all week. Plain weird though going to bed at 19:00 and up at 01:00. Will be nice to finish the week at 10 or so on Thur. morn.

Non sequitur

Had to do 2 routes today about 130 commercial stops 360 packages 27 pickups. They sent me help around 2 p.m. and I gave 2 drivers about 15 stops. Blew through my pickups and finished around 415. Not as bad as years past believe it or not.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
On Friday we were told to go to a Manager to sign up for Monday, because a ton of places were closed that day. Monday down here in Florida is a half a day to get what was closed out before regular work starts. Thanks to that, tomarrow wont be so bad. Still waiting for a call from my full time soup about start time tomarrow.

I didnt sign up to work today because of what they did to me in the past. Last time I came in and expected an easy days work... low and behold I was given 10 cars and worked out of 3 different cages. My trust is broken with them and these sign up days.

So today I had off.

Edit, was it time and half today?

Last edited:

UPSBluRdg03

I worked today as well Im actually finishing up my break at home as I type this. Had 55 stops covered the area of 3 routes and had those 3 routes pickups as well so Im gonna end up with a 9.5 day.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I worked today as well Im actually finishing up my break at home as I type this. Had 55 stops covered the area of 3 routes and had those 3 routes pickups as well so Im gonna end up with a 9.5 day.
This is exactly why I begged off. My body hurted, I needed it.