Monday Off??

lvgolfer962

showed up and told i was Extra. 10-12 guys walked out the door aswell.

it still amazes me how the volume can go for insane to nothing in a few days, but i will take any day off i can get haha

lvgolfer962

Keep in mind that there were no pickups made on Friday so all that we were delivering today were any send agains, closed holiday and the air. The volume will rebound tomorrow.

oh yea. i forgot about the pick-ups on Friday. ive been running split cars with no pick-ups for the last 2 weeks.

Nimnim

The Nim
Edit, was it time and half today?

I'm not aware of it being time and a half for any reason. Nothing special about today other than low expected volume.

I'm going in a bit later tonight, and expecting a lot of callins. Monday after a 3 day weekend, temps in the 20s, and a late start time.

Tonight is going to suck a bit.

upsman68

I had to work and they I didn't want to. Had people with less seniority than me go home.
They said I had better area knowledge.
I had to run my route plus another one's pickups.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I'm not aware of it being time and a half for any reason. Nothing special about today other than low expected volume.

I'm going in a bit later tonight, and expecting a lot of callins. Monday after a 3 day weekend, temps in the 20s, and a late start time.

Tonight is going to suck a bit.

Omg did it suck today big time. They moved the hours back to normal and slammed two of my buisness cars.

Yeah it shouldnt be time and a half on monday. They also said it was only gonna be an hour or an hour and a half. A few friends I talked to said they got about the same as normal work hours, 3 to 4 hours.

I was really upset today, I even said "did you guys even get any work done yesterday? " I guess not...

Both Friday and Monday were a joke and shouldve never been work days. Of course the union would say otherwise.

Edit: On Friday, they called people back in, which I denied to work, around 11am and people worked until 5 or so. God NIM our building is screwed up.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
You should be glad you didn't come today! lol It was almost as bad as black Friday.:wink2:

I wouldnt doubt it. These people want to make those days out like their easy, but they are very much not so. Plus, they seemed to not get anything done that day anyways. Waste of hours in my opinion.

myback

came in on mon. was given the day off, could have worked if i wanted too but took their offer and went home. got a call a couple hours later we need you can u come back , sorry just finished my second beer and was thinking about a third. see u tomorrow.