Monday only pick-ups that fall on a holiday.

AKCoverMan

Same here. I have a Monday only, but it is always in the pick up log. I just skip over it the rest of the week. I went by on Tues just to see if they had anything going out. If it was a cover driver, then its not their responsibility if no one lets them know about a pick up.

This is a grey area that causes alot of service failures. I am not aware of any standard policies in place to avoid this, it is left up to the center team and the driver. I suppose it would be wise to make a list of such pick ups on the Friday before the holiday, and use the list to make sure all said pick ups will be covered on Tuesday. This would work for any holiday actually.

The ability to have one day a week (or basically anything other than daily) scheduled pickups in the DIAD is fairly new, it used to be daily or nothing. In our center we had a few that were on the board every day with a note in the pickup that it was "MON ONLY" or whatever. On other days you had to skip it and then scroll down for every other pu on the route or just knock it off as a "free stop" with zero peices.

tranham

We have a large bakery that ships mail order bread out every Monday. We send a feeder in for 10 or 12 skids. They don't have to call it in if the holiday falls on Monday. It's assumed by everyone involved it will be picked up on Tuesday.

So what happens if the normal driver is on vacation or sick? He won't be diciplined if the pickup is "missed" on a non-pick up day because he did not inform his sup. The only person who can be held responsible is either management or the customer. I would think the customer would want to call and confirm. I would think UPS would not want to spend the extra gas money on a possible dead pickup that is not scheduled for that day. What if the hoilday is on Thurday. Should the driver make an attempt both Wed and Friday?

Robert

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think that the customer would be so engaged in their business that they wouldn't even think about calling for a pickup, but would assume that UPS would have it covered, since no pick up attemtp was made the day before.