Monday START TIME! 0800 for us!

OVER10

First it was 0845, then 0830, now 0800 with preload starting at 0100. I believe this is peak day for us. Too bad I will have to back track to all the business's that don't open until 0900. As I start with my house calls climbing over the mountain to my 8000 section....

spif91

Talk is for Monday to be peak day with 21 million being delivered. Hopefully you guys don't get behind with the approaching snow storm. Be safe.

65Goat

Our start time went from 9:10 to 9:20, to 9:30. I wish ours was going in the direction that yours is. It's hard enough with it getting dark at 5:00 without starting at 9:30.

outta hours

Your start times are earlier because your fine feeder department is working today (sat.) and tomorrow (Sun.) I just got off at 8:00 this am, and will be back at it tomorrow at 13:00. Makes for a short weekend, but just doing my part to help out.:wink2:

danlin

Your start times are earlier because your fine feeder department is working today (sat.) and tomorrow (Sun.) I just got off at 8:00 this am, and will be back at it tomorrow at 13:00. Makes for a short weekend, but just doing my part to help out.:wink2:

Its ok by me if you don't do your part!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I wish they would start us earlier, we are still at 8:45. Our Preload is usually down earlier, since the other Center has a 8:30 start. Thats one thing I miss since I gave up running EAMs, I could leave on my second trip as soon as the sort was down. We did have our NDA commit times relaxed Friday by 90 minutes. I still deliver them first.

Ghost in the Darkness

It's hard enough with it getting dark at 5:00 without starting at 9:30.

I get the impression sometimes that management thinks we pick up speed in the dark. Also, I think they need to change the least prefered method of backing to any backing done in the dark. Cuz I don't know about you guys but I can barely see a damn thing.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Omg I would love to see an 815 start time again. My normal start time all year is 8:55, now its 9:05. We used to start at 8:15-8:20 a few years back. That all changed when UPS bought Menlo(Emery Worldwide), as all of their air freight is now on the same plane as ours. Which makes them at least 30 minutes later rapping the plane unload.

L

Loufan

Yeah I think Monday is going to be bad. Sunday was voluntary for us, and I was going to pull my seniority and not come in, so i can finish my shopping, but now they changed it to mandatory for everyone, plus they pushed the start time from 5 to 4 which was really weird. Is this because of the free shipping thing there was a thread about? Was that last thursday?? Well can't watch my team play today because now I got shopping today instead of tomorrow to do. Kinda bummed out, but I'll take the hours.

brownrod

Our start time went from 9:10 to 9:20, to 9:30. I wish ours was going in the direction that yours is. It's hard enough with it getting dark at 5:00 without starting at 9:30.

815 here. It'll be dark by 415 on monday here. My center is probably the northernmost in the continental USA.

helenofcalifornia

Northernmost center in the continental U.S. That has to be Maine, right? Sun does not set 'til 4:50 or so here. (Nor Cal) The days will be getting longer starting the 22nd!!! Tripped on an unseen curb Friday night and my helper went down too another time last night. I will be glad when it will be daylight at least until 7. But that probably won't be until May.

fethrs

Start time at for me is 00:01 Sunday night/Monday morning. Not a driver, but I'll have my 8 in as the drivers are starting, then home and back to bed.

I get the impression sometimes that management thinks we pick up speed in the dark. Also, I think they need to change the least prefered method of backing to any backing done in the dark. Cuz I don't know about you guys but I can barely see a damn thing.
I've got about 4 street lights on my route and its dark as can be I know how you feel.

BrownArmy

Normal start time in my center is 8:45, but it's been moved to 9:15 all next week, which is about the time we ended up starting all last week anyway due to late preload wrapup.

Our commit times were relaxed on Friday as well, but we had late air to the center and a late air meet so I still had a few late NDA's...