Monday START TIME! 0800 for us!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Your start times are earlier because your fine feeder department is working today (sat.) and tomorrow (Sun.) I just got off at 8:00 this am, and will be back at it tomorrow at 13:00. Makes for a short weekend, but just doing my part to help out.:wink2:

SUPERWEEKEND - Only UPSers know this term!

UPS uses this weekend to advance time in transit for packages in our system. Packages picked up last week will be advanced to help level the week out
It started Friday in the Air Operations and goes through today.
Like Outta said, Ground Feeder is advancing ground-based packages this weekend.
Also to note is that some of our CSC operations are operating this weekend to help customers get their Christmas packages through the system on time.

Any other groups within the UPS system doing anything extra this weekend ... in the US or around the world?

Dookiebrowns

First it was 0845, then 0830, now 0800 with preload starting at 0100. I believe this is peak day for us. Too bad I will have to back track to all the business's that don't open until 0900. As I start with my house calls climbing over the mountain to my 8000 section....

:slap:

bad company

semi-pro
I get to advance the hours of sleep I get this weekend because our intelligent management team decided to not follow the contract during "super saturday". So not only do I get more sleep, I get to file and get paid for doing work that I didn't do.

over9five

Staff member
SUPERWEEKEND - Only UPSers know this term!

UPS uses this weekend to advance time in transit for packages in our system. Packages picked up last week will be advanced to help level the week out
It started Friday in the Air Operations and goes through today.
Like Outta said, Ground Feeder is advancing ground-based packages this weekend.
Also to note is that some of our CSC operations are operating this weekend to help customers get their Christmas packages through the system on time.

Any other groups within the UPS system doing anything extra this weekend ... in the US or around the world?

Please note Ovah did his part in advancing those packages last night. I iz very tired....!

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Start time at for me is 00:01 Sunday night/Monday morning. Not a driver, but I'll have my 8 in as the drivers are starting, then home and back to bed.

We get a shotgun start in our hub to the north of you and our preload is expected to be wrapped up by 7 on Monday. I started at 7:30 last Monday and 8:00/8:15 the rest of the week. Thurs. 12/24 we get punished with a 9:30 start:dissapointed:

konsole

start for our preload on monday is 12:30 a.m. and we'll probably finish around 7:30 or so. Finally we'll get our first 20 minute break of the year :-/

years past we got many more 20 minute breaks and sometimes two 10 minute breaks as fast as I remember.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our management team said our peak day was last Wednesday.

A lot of online shippers offered free shipping last Thursday. That combined with the snowstorm and Super Saturday and I think your mgt team may have spoken too soon. I also think Christmas may have snuck up on a lot of people (including UPS mgt:wink2:) this year so I expect Monday or Tuesday to be Peak day.

What'dyabringmetoday???

A lot of online shippers offered free shipping last Thursday. That combined with the snowstorm and Super Saturday and I think your mgt team may have spoken too soon. I also think Christmas may have snuck up on a lot of people (including UPS mgt:wink2:) this year so I expect Monday or Tuesday to be Peak day.
In many cases it would appear that UPS management are among the only people who are unaware when Christmas is each year. Not everywhere, but it seems that way in a lot of cases.