Monday start time changing

chargerlou

they have changed our start timefrom 630 to 715 on Mondays and now they're telling us no exceptions on lates I'm beginning to believe WAD is the best way to go!

DontThrowPackages

they have changed our start timefrom 630 to 715 on Mondays and now they're telling us no exceptions on lates I'm beginning to believe WAD is the best way to go!
Yes! Do make sure you follow best practice. Do not cheat or falsify. Do not drive over the speed limits and make sure to get help if something is heavier than 75lbs. Just because the start time is now 715, doesn't mean you can do the same amount of deliveries as you would by starting at 630. Make sure you lookout for health and safety because no one else will.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

This is so typical. Slice 45 minutes out of the day and then just dictate that there will be "no exceptions" on lates. Has anyone in MEM ever heard of cause and effect? They are pushing for you to do more in less time, plain and simple. WAD, be safe, and don't play their game. Bring back DEX01's, have lates, and beg for pickup help because 45 minutes have put you behind.

El Morado Diablo

Wish these idiots would do that at our station. They haven't changed our start time on Monday in years even though we don't break down the Tue/Wed containers and the drop we've had in P1 stops. Many of us are having to take lunch breaks before 10:30 now that we can't start in on our SOS/P2 once the P1's are delivered.

Guapo

This is so typical. Slice 45 minutes out of the day and then just dictate that there will be "no exceptions" on lates. Has anyone in MEM ever heard of cause and effect? They are pushing for you to do more in less time, plain and simple. WAD, be safe, and don't play their game. Bring back DEX01's, have lates, and beg for pickup help because 45 minutes have put you behind.

That is the goal they think we'll push ourselves to the limit with less time making service and increasing productivity. Start time tues thru fri also has been pushed back 30 minutes. And they wonder why the lates. And oh by the way customers are getting ticked off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wish these idiots would do that at our station. They haven't changed our start time on Monday in years even though we don't break down the Tue/Wed containers and the drop we've had in P1 stops. Many of us are having to take lunch breaks before 10:30 now that we can't start in on our SOS/P2 once the P1's are delivered.

So you're saying that pushing the start time back would work in your station? Has there been any talk of a Tues/Sat work schedule?

El Morado Diablo

So you're saying that pushing the start time back would work in your station? Has there been any talk of a Tues/Sat work schedule?

Our station is a mix of in-town and rural routes. Many of our in-town routes don't have enough P1's on Mondays to keep them busy until 10:30. The rural routes can start delivering as soon as they hit their areas and are often done and gone before our reload begins in the evening. The in-town routes would benefit by having later start times; the rural routes would complain about not getting back to the station on time or as early as they currently are.

Like most stations, we run fewer routes on Mondays because we have people on Tue/Sat work schedules.

FedEx managers are so afraid of late deliveries on Mondays they won't do the right thing by adjusting the schedule to match the current number of P1 stops. It's easier for them to make their employees jump through hoops with breaks, no SOS/P2 dels before 10:30, etc than get called on the carpet by upper management for P1 lates.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And don't forget there will no doubt be an increase in accidents. Sad.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Our station is a mix of in-town and rural routes. Many of our in-town routes don't have enough P1's on Mondays to keep them busy until 10:30. The rural routes can start delivering as soon as they hit their areas and are often done and gone before our reload begins in the evening. The in-town routes would benefit by having later start times; the rural routes would complain about not getting back to the station on time or as early as they currently are.

Like most stations, we run fewer routes on Mondays because we have people on Tue/Sat work schedules.

FedEx managers are so afraid of late deliveries on Mondays they won't do the right thing by adjusting the schedule to match the current number of P1 stops. It's easier for them to make their employees jump through hoops with breaks, no SOS/P2 dels before 10:30, etc than get called on the carpet by upper management for P1 lates.

​Be careful what you ask for.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's so easy to do when Matthew Thornton III says so. How could have I forgotten that?

Exactly. If MT3 directs us to get off Payday Pace, we'd better get with the program. Eff him. I wonder how long HH is going to last when everyone starts to WAD and productivity drops even more?

DontThrowPackages

Exactly. If MT3 directs us to get off Payday Pace, we'd better get with the program. Eff him. I wonder how long HH is going to last when everyone starts to WAD and productivity drops even more?
I don't quite get his payday pace. Did it just start happening or does he believe Friday has always been a slower paced day of the week? It still happens but even more before all the cuts, drivers humping along to get out early on Friday and start the weekend on a good note. I'd see campers, dirt bikes and even employees bringing a change of clothes to work with them praying nothing unforeseen happens to spoil their early clockout. Now if he says "Post Cuts pace", I get it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Here's a funny one.
On Fridays, I start 45 mins. later than everyone else b'c I do something extra once I get back in off my rte.
My manager calls my cell phone yesterday morning telling me to come in at the reg. start time b'c some Bozo called in sick and they need me on the belt.
Guess what? I set my alarm on Thurs. night in accordance with what time I need to be at work on Friday so, never heard the cell phone ringing in the other room, got up at reg. time and clocked in at my scheduled time. Ha ha ha.

caravan42

They bumped back FO start time as well. Used to be 615 am. Now it's 640. By the time I punch in, stretch and flex( which is getting coffee and going #1 for me) and searching for a vehicle that's 1/2 mile away from the FO area, it's already 7 am. God forbid the truck needs oil, which usually they do. That's some genius planning.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They bumped back FO start time as well. Used to be 615 am. Now it's 640. By the time I punch in, stretch and flex( which is getting coffee and going #1 for me) and searching for a vehicle that's 1/2 mile away from the FO area, it's already 7 am. God forbid the truck needs oil, which usually they do. That's some genius planning.
And all this is done without ANY concern for the customer. All Fred cares about is saving money with the thinking that he is entitled to customer loyalty regardless. This is just one reason why I never turn in sales leads just so Fred can eventually ****** on the customer.