Monday the 6th is gonna inhale

norcalbrown

Got the week off, thank goodness. Best way to deal with UPS is to learn to do the job well, do it to the best of your ability, ignore the numbers game, and remove the stress. Never thought I would be here for as long as I have been. Good times, bad times, hard times, loved it, hated it, but now I am OK with it.

watdaflock?

How much earlier than normal is everyone starting Monday?
We are coming in about 45 minutes earlier than normal. Boss already said we will be running a bit slower than normal. Glad it's not just me being optimistic and he realizes it already.

I'm sure he won't want anyone getting into OT.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I mean it's not peak, plus Tuesday's gonna be worse because everything's gonna be closed today. They will do Friday and part of Monday's stuff on Monday and Tuesday is when they will get all of Tuesday plus some of Monday's stuff.

They will do all of the closings from Friday and all of Monday's stuff on Monday.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Isn't that why we are all here? Some people tend to forget that you can actually do something you love and get paid to do it, and there's nothing wrong with that. The point I was making is having that feeling of dread for 20+ years hating what you do, sheesh, I couldn't imagine.
My center has a few of those drivers that hate their jobs and will do everything possible to make everyone have a bad day,I've told all of my management and coworkers."if you ever hear me talking like XXXXXX,tell me and I will quit". Our job is really great and we are paid,on average,twice the amount than the shipping managers we deal with. Almost everybody we come in contact with is glad to see us.I get free bottles of water almost every stop,I get free baked goods from one stop and my favorite residential stop gives me $100 every Christmas Eve. I post in jest most of the time because,that's just me,a happy guy. But the biggest issue I face,and most would agree,is management makes the job far more difficult than it needs to be.