Monday the 6th is gonna inhale

Dr.Brownz

Screwed today I have 5 other routes resis thrown in on top of bulk from closures; out till 2100 or later easy; taking my full hour lunch now trying to figure out where to take my second Lunch. lBu

HBGPreloader

When you're only working part-time on preload, all days stink. Some just stink more than others - and today was one of those really stinky days.
Thanks to the typical Friday route cuts, the trucks I load went out full on Friday.
Friday night, they came back half full, or better, because the majority of businesses were closed.
I spent the first hour and half of my shift resorting packages that were left in the cars. The next 4 ours were loading most of the packages that were supposed to be delivered. About 2 dozen or so from some bulk stops remained on the belt for someone else to deal with.

AKCoverMan

My day not bad, but I'm covering a nearly 100% resi route. I'll be done under 8'and I am not a "runner".

On the other hand I saw a route that is heavy business with 545 packages planned for it. As I left the building I saw sups at that car trying to figure out what to do. Apparently it wouldn't all fit. :dont_know:

AKCoverMan

They have ways around this. We had a pick up that we would pick up at least 2000 individual books at. Well the place put them on pallets and loaded the truck with them. A few years ago we were told to enter the number of pallets into the picked up field. Not the actual number of packages.
True but we were talking about letter boxes with mega numbers of envelopes. Gotta scan em all.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Stops weren't bad but bulk killed at 600 plus pieces. Pick ups actually weren't crazy. Still got 11 hours though. It's going to be a weird week

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Monday the 6th wasn't bad... at all.
Glad for you.My dispatcher bent me over yesterday.Clocked in @ 08:11,clocked out @ 20:26.

I run a light package car route but my pick-ups are in a 24 ft van so I have to return to the center to change vehicles and leave the center no later than 14:30. Yesterday I had 109 miles and 62 stops in before my pick-ups.After my pick-ups(1387 pieces all hand loaded)I had to go back out in the package car and run 37 miles for 12 stops.84 package car stops,my route goes red at 67 stops.

Monday the 6th did indeed inhale.

Glad for you.My dispatcher bent me over yesterday.Clocked in @ 08:11,clocked out @ 20:26.

I run a light package car route but my pick-ups are in a 24 ft van so I have to return to the center to change vehicles and leave the center no later than 14:30. Yesterday I had 109 miles and 62 stops in before my pick-ups.After my pick-ups(1387 pieces all hand loaded)I had to go back out in the package car and run 37 miles for 12 stops.84 package car stops,my route goes red at 67 stops.

Monday the 6th did indeed inhale.
God Bless.

UPSGUY72

Today was the first day I called in and my ORS that usally gives me a hard time didn't say anything. Must have been really light.