Monday

I just got home a few hours ago from our saturday ground sort. Monday is going to be sooooooo much fun :beafraid:
Is that a regular sort for your building? Or is this a peak season sort? Our day sort started at noon today. They normally work Sunday thru Thursday. For peak they will be working Tuesday thru Sunday with a lot of double shifters on Sunday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is that a regular sort for your building? Or is this a peak season sort? Our day sort started at noon today. They normally work Sunday thru Thursday. For peak they will be working Tuesday thru Sunday with a lot of double shifters on Sunday.
No, it's a peak season sort......every saturday till xmas.

UPSGUY72

Sooo, how bad is Monday gonna be? When I parked my truck yesterday (day after thanksgiving) every bay had a truck in it and we had a bunch of rental trucks that weren't there the day before. There were boxes stacked high all over the place where we normally don't put/store boxes.

Normally in our center it's Tuesday that is the high volume day, but we are having a sunday sort this weekend and of course all the volume from the crazy shoppers I'm thinking Monday is gonna be nasty.

Calm down it's just another day of peak one stop at a time. My center is starting about 40 minutes early every Monday of peak. Friday we had 56 routes out of are center (my building has 2 centers ) Monday we are going to have 66.

Don't worry Tuesday will be busy as usual along with Wed, Thurs, and Friday. Welcome to peak. It's just another day working at UPS the only difference is that you get a helper and have more packages to deliver. On the plus side you do less physical work as the Helper does most of the grunt work ( not all but most) as you spend most of the time sorting and planning the next 30-40 stops if not having plan for the whole day already in your mind.

last Thursday I did 271 stops I pick my helper up at 10:20 and was done delivering at 4:40 before it got dark then we swept a UPS store and I dropped my helper off at 5:00 and than I ate my lunch.

iowa boy

And yet here where I'm at we are starting at 9:00. But we were told that our Monday volume will be light.....who hasn't heard that before.

oldngray

nowhere special
Deliveries will be crazy with all of the closed send agains from Friday. And pickups will be heavier than a mother. Same every year yet UPS will try to clain its like a normal Monday and not add enough routes. And there is absolutely no reason to not have people start early since all of the loads will already be in the building, but UPS will be afraid someone will run out of work and sit around for 15 minutes so will still start people too late.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Deliveries will be crazy with all of the closed send agains from Friday. And pickups will be heavier than a mother. Same every year yet UPS will try to clain its like a normal Monday and not add enough routes. And there is absolutely no reason to not have people start early since all of the loads will already be in the building, but UPS will be afraid someone will run out of work and sit around for 15 minutes so will still start people too late.

What closed send agains? The ground trailers were not opened-----it was NDA and 2DA only.

Most of us are starting 30-60 minutes early and from what I have read routes are being added.

Pickups will be heavy, especially at UPS Store/Staples/MBE (Yes, I have all 3 of these---lucky me.)

oldngray

nowhere special
What closed send agains? The ground trailers were not opened-----it was NDA and 2DA only.

Most of us are starting 30-60 minutes early and from what I have read routes are being added.

Pickups will be heavy, especially at UPS Store/Staples/MBE (Yes, I have all 3 of these---lucky me.)

The packages were left in trailers but will still be extra volume once its unloaded.

bumped

My pick ups will be light Monday. End of the month was on Wednesday, so my pickups were heavy Tuesday and Wednesday.