Monday

PT Car Washer

That's what I'm thinking. But it sometimes seems like a distant dream (nightmare?) that I ever attended that one week training and drove at all. It just seems to me that it would have been a good idea to get me out on the road a little before the peak hits the fan, so to speak. Now, I'll feel like I'm almost starting from scratch. And there are procedures that I still haven't learned, such as how to accept and log in packages that customers give me while I'm on my route. My thinking is this: They know what I've done and what I haven't done, so I hope my supe doesn't get too bent when I keep phoning him with questions.

I am often dumbfounded that UPS is such a successful, money-making corporation.
When people give me ARS's or what ever off the street I just throw them in the back. You can't bonus and the hub will scan them when they are loaded in the trailer. Your sup will be running their own route and trying to figure it all out. Just don't crash.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
What closed send agains? The ground trailers were not opened-----it was NDA and 2DA only.

Most of us are starting 30-60 minutes early and from what I have read routes are being added.

Pickups will be heavy, especially at UPS Store/Staples/MBE (Yes, I have all 3 of these---lucky me.)

I had 97 air stops on Friday and brought back almost all the apple products I went out with as no one was home so there will be plenty of send-agains.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
97 air stop, Wow. How many were noon commits and how many were end of day? This is why I take vacation this week.

It was a cake day. I had like 4 noon commits (next day airs) and about four 4:30 commits (selects that boiled down to only one stop by 4:30 because they were residential and the computer wasn't sure if they were bus or res). I drove 130 miles, worked 8 hours, had no packages over 10 lbs. It was a sweet day.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Friday did 120 stops, two UPS stores, one of which was forgotten about so I was sent back out. Of these deliveries, everything was very tight and we had an additional route in our loop. I have confirmation that of the 12 items I ordered off Amazon Wednesday, 9 will be here on Monday. Make no mistake, we will be slammed hard and once again management will say "Unexpected volume" as the reason we'll all be out till 9.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
After we "finished" the saturday sort, we weren't actually done...they just shut everything down, told us to leave the packages, and go home.....
GetInline-2.jpeg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
After we "finished" the saturday sort, we weren't actually done...they just shut everything down, told us to leave the packages, and go home.....View attachment 10579
Interesting, That's what happened yesterday up this way. It was an improvised sort with little planning. First of all, management didn't show up (mandatory) How funny is that? Also, I don't think the hub processed all of the work it intended to. Today's Sunday day sort is going to get friend**, I think I'll sleep in, though $40/hr is tempting.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Interesting, That's what happened yesterday up this way. It was an improvised sort with little planning. First of all, management didn't show up (mandatory) How funny is that? Also, I don't think the hub processed all of the work it intended to. Today's Sunday day sort is going to get friend**, I think I'll sleep in, though $40/hr is tempting.
PT managment wasn't there but the FT ones were around having a coffee circle jerk. The unload actually processed a few more trailers than they initially intended to....I heard sups talking over the radios. But yes, piss poor planning, no supervision. 2 loaders...me and a seasonal who barely knows how to load.... for 20 cars and 3 mall vans on my belt. I packed 2 vans full before I left...love to know where the rest of it goes tonight....lol

BrownArmy

What closed send agains? The ground trailers were not opened-----it was NDA and 2DA only.

Most of us are starting 30-60 minutes early and from what I have read routes are being added.

Pickups will be heavy, especially at UPS Store/Staples/MBE (Yes, I have all 3 of these---lucky me.)

I had plenty of closed send agains on Friday - NDA and 2DA for businesses that weren't open...

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
[quoite="10 2 go, post: 1231887, member: 11572"]Scratch? Is this stealing time
No, its working like a human being for a change. Dont worry UPS will make up for it!:balloon:[/quote]

I could care less that UPS will make up for it. I will still make money on their stupid decisions. But,it sure looks nice in that truck. Send in a picture on Tuesday . It definitely won't look like that

BrownArmy

We're starting 45 minutes early here, at 8:00 instead of 8:45.

Unfortunately, there's no way the pre-load will be wrapped by 8:00, and I can't see us leaving the building anytime before 8:30.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Last wk we didn't get out of the building till 9:30/45 due to late air or feeders. But,don't worry they said they will correct the problem. Ka -ching!

Indecisi0n

Happens every year: We are slammed with work, start 45 (745am) mins early and always end up leaving at our normal time and they wonder why everyone is out so late.