Money Orders& checks

clean hairy

We already have a discussion about signing the diad for Customeers.
What about on a C.O.D when a Cust asks you to fill in the Money Order with the shipper info?
We are not talking about folks unable to do it, most common excuse is "I don't have my reading glasses, will you fill it in for me?"
Should we do it?

upschuck

Most people that do that are illiterate from my expirience. I have no problem with that, because we then take the responsibility, if that ck/mo goes missing. Just don't forge their name on check, and all is good.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
I do it all the time for money orders... don't have time to friend around and wait for 15 min while they try and do it themselves...filling it out wrong... I fill out a lot of GSD too

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If the customer is trying to be ready by having signed checks ready to go, then I see no reason why we shouldn't go ahead and fill them in when asked.

I used to deliver to a Mexican "Tienda" store that got a lot of COD's. When we stopped accepting cash, the owner would have checks lined up on the counter when I arrived that were already made out and signed, except for having the dollar amount spelled out. She needed me to do that because her English wasn't good enough to spell the amount out. She was a good customer who was always ready to take care of business and I could deliver 7 or 8 COD's to her and be out of there in less than 5 minutes, so I was perfectly willing to help her out by writing the COD amount on the checks.

porkwagon

Who get COD's anymore? If I get one in a month, that's a lot.
The brokerage fees CODs are rare for me to have but when I do, the receiver never ever knows about it until I'm there with the parcel(s). Seems to me they should at least get a heads up about it.

ManInBrown

It doesn't even matter whether it's filled in. When the shipper gets it they will just stamp it or fill it in themselves if it's blank. And the answer is no, I won't and don't fill it in. Not my responsibility

mpeedy

I used to have a guy who I would also write down the check info on his balance sheet in the back of the checkbook.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It doesn't even matter whether it's filled in. When the shipper gets it they will just stamp it or fill it in themselves if it's blank. And the answer is no, I won't and don't fill it in. Not my responsibility

This is absolutely not true. All checks/money orders are processed by your district before being forwarded to the shipper. Any checks/money orders with discrepancies are returned to the center with a nasty gram from the COD department. They get pissed if the checks are not all facing the same way in the COD envelope.

I have no problem filling out checks/money orders for the consignee.

Z

ZQXC

Don't care if the money order is completely filled in, or blank.
Goes in the turn in envelope to be processed. The money order will be tied to the specific delivery through the diad.