Monthly union dues?

sly

I finished paying my INIT fee a couple weeks ago. On March 27, 2015 I paid my first union dues of $21. Another $21 came out of my check on April 3, 2015. I am guessing it came out again because of a new month. Am I correct?

By The Book

I finished paying my INIT fee a couple weeks ago. On March 27, 2015 I paid my first union dues of $21. Another $21 came out of my check on April 3, 2015. I am guessing it came out again because of a new month. Am I correct?
Call your local union office to verify.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Are you a full-time driver or a poor Part-timer?
Are you in a RTW state or a Union Shop state?
We need more information before we can slam you completely.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Do some of you guys from certain locals pay dues once a month? Here they take about 13 a week from me.

$86 a month, never on the same day of the month or even the same week. Supposedly the Teamsters notifies UPS when to pull dues and UPS then complies. But if that's actually the case it's a rare occasion that such cooperation occurs.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

$86 a month, never on the same day of the month or even the same week. Supposedly the Teamsters notifies UPS when to pull dues and UPS then complies. But if that's actually the case it's a rare occasion that such cooperation occurs.

The Union does provide the Company with a list of active members and the amount of dues that needs to be deducted on a monthly basis. Our dues, which are 3 times our hourly, come out during the first full week of the month, which means they will come out of this Friday's check. We used to have a few drivers who opted out of automatic withdrawal and would write a check to the Union instead. I would have a hard time doing this as the Union does not send a bill each month and I would probably forget to send in my check.

Union dues can be written off of your Federal taxes under Unreimbursed Job Expenses, if you qualify.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Holy :censored2: that is a lot of money. I only pay 12.50 a month.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I meant week.....

Thanks for the clarification.

The minimum requirements are;

2 x the hourly rate (if making less than $11.00 an hour.)

2.5 x the hourly rate (if making more than $11.00 an hour.)

-Bug-

* Those are the minimums. Your Local might require more. Ask them. *

Last edited:

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Thanks for the clarification.

The minimum requirements are;

2 x the hourly rate (if making less than $11.00 an hour.)

2.5 x the hourly rate (if making more than $11.00 an hour.)

-Bug-

* Those are the minimums. Your Local might require more. Ask them. *
I think they may be messing up on mine since I should be way above that if that is true. Oh well, I don't mind paying less lol.