More $$ For Insurance=Less Coverage

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Take a look at your new insurance options as we enter the annual enrollment period. You get less coverage and your contributions went up...what a surprise. Pay very close attention to deductibles for both families and individuals. Once again, we are getting it in the butt.

Please explain to me how a union contract that guaranteed our benefits could not be reduced would be a bad thing. I'm waiting...

Broke

Awe come on Mr.Fedex, what kind of fool would want better pay and benefits? You would have to be a total idiot to want cheaper and better insurance for you and your family. LOL. Remember, in Fedex land up is down and wrong is right. As my Sr. manager likes to tell us; why would you want to top out? You won't have anything to look forward to if we let you top out.

DorkHead

Mr. Fedex, our union contract ensures that UPS contributes somewhere in the range of $8-9 dollars per hour up to 40 hrs. per week for us. It is up to the Local to find the best Health Insurance plan for us with those monies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Awe come on Mr.Fedex, what kind of fool would want better pay and benefits? You would have to be a total idiot to want cheaper and better insurance for you and your family. LOL. Remember, in Fedex land up is down and wrong is right. As my Sr. manager likes to tell us; why would you want to top out? You won't have anything to look forward to if we let you top out.

Fred giveth and he taketh away. For all of those of you apologists out there who are anxiously awaiting your 2% raise next year, here's how Fred paid for it.....by raising your deductibles. In the many years I've worked for FedEx this is pretty much the way it's always been done. "Give" something, but get it back in a way that most are too ignorant to figure out. Just another reason we need to go union.

Oh yeah, did the pilots have their deductibles rasied" Why no, because their contract prohibits it. Wise up out there people.

bbsam

Staff member
Fred giveth and he taketh away. For all of those of you apologists out there who are anxiously awaiting your 2% raise next year, here's how Fred paid for it.....by raising your deductibles. In the many years I've worked for FedEx this is pretty much the way it's always been done. "Give" something, but get it back in a way that most are too ignorant to figure out. Just another reason we need to go union.

Oh yeah, did the pilots have their deductibles rasied" Why no, because their contract prohibits it. Wise up out there people.
ha! He can't raise my deductible! Seriously, though, isn't this just the way it is in America 2009? Hopefully health care reform can bring things under control.

Broke

You're right, I couldn't have said it any better.